An alkyl amine is a compound that has an alkyl group attached to the nitrogen atom of an amine. Alkyl amines arise when one of the three hydrogen atoms in ammonia is replaced by an alkyl. These amines are classified on the basis of the number of alkyl groups present in it by replacing one, two or all three hydrogen atoms in ammonia. Depending on which such Alkyl amines are called as primary alkyl amines, secondary alkyl amines, and tertiary alkyl amines. Cyclic amines comprise of secondary or tertiary amines.
The alkyl amines market witnessed continuous efforts on research and development owing to which new products are developed with innovative applications in various fields. Alkyl amines have wide applications like in the rubber processing chemicals, production of pesticides, surfactants, and solvents. The end-use markets for alkyl amines include agriculture, explosives, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and water-treatment. The emerging economies like Latin America and Asia-Pacific are considered to be the major markets for Alkyl amines in the future.
Recent experiments performed in the U.S. have led to the conclusion that methylamines exhibit unique insulin like properties. Methylamine exhibits insulin releasing activity in both conditions i.e. in-vivo or in-vitro. This unique activity can be utilized in manufacturing better anti diabetic drugs than mafenide, as has been observed and reported by the researchers in the U.S. As a result of such innovative upcoming applications, the alkyl amines market is expanding on a global scale.
However, exposure to methylamines results in respiratory tract irritation and skin burns, which has led to stringent government regulations. The alkyl amines market is inhibited due to many issues like storage problems, ill effects on human health, and stringent government regulations. Emerging economies like India and China are major contributors to this market. China is one of the fastest and largest growing production hubs of alkyl amines.
Some of the major players in this industry include Taminco NV, Dow Amines, Alkyl Amines Chemicals Ltd, Akzo Nobel Functional Chemicals AB, BorsodChem MCHZ s.r.o, LCY Chemical Corp, BASF SE, E. I. DuPont De Nemours and Company, Daicel Chemical Industries Ltd, Ashland Inc., Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc., Koei Chemical Company Limited, Huntsman International LLC, Air Products and Chemicals Inc., and the Arkema Group.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments