Cystic fibrosis (CF), also known as mucoviscidosis, is autosomal recessive disorder that is characterized by abnormal transport of chloride and sodium across an epithelium. The occurrence of disease leads to thick and viscous secretions which causes a life threatening impact on the lungs, the pancreas, liver, and intestine, and also blocks the pancreatic enzymatic actions on the body. Cystic fibrosis is caused by mutation in gene, required for protein cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR), a protein required for regulating sweat, mucus and body secretions.
The market for CF therapeutics is segmented on the basis of therapeutic products such as Pulmozyme, TOBI, Kalydeco, Cayston, Aeroquin, Arikace and others. Further, the market is also segmented on the basis of geography, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The European market is considered as most lucrative market for CF Therapeutics, followed by the North American Market. However, Asia-Pacific is considered as the least important market, owing to least prevalence of the disorder.
The market for CF Therapeutics is projected to show a promising and lucrative growth in the next few years due to continued R&D activities in this field. At present, there are more than 30-40 drugs (including bronchodilators, antibiotics, NSAIDs, steroids and others) available in the market. Further owing to continued extensive research and development activities, a variety of medicines are expected to launch in the market in future period. Increasing global awareness for cystic fibrosis therapy, technological advancements in the R&D and increase in the prevalence of cystic fibrosis are some of the factors estimated as the major drivers for CF Therapeutics Market. However, complicated pathophysiology, high cost of treatment and R&D and increase in genetic mutation rate are some of the factors expected to hinder the growth of this market.
Some of the major players operating in this market includes Novartis International AG, ChiesiFarmaceuticiSpA, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Genentech, Inc., and Gilead Sciences, Inc. amongst others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.