Would heal or wound repair is the physiological process by which the body repairs organ tissue or skin after injury. The wound healing process is divided in to four sequential steps namely hemostasis, inflammatory, proliferative and remodeling. Hemostasis is the first step that begins immediately after injury followed by fibrin clot formation. Clot formation takes place within fraction of minutes to control the blood loss. Hence, disturbed wound healing process can be related with increased mortality rate.
The improved understanding of wound healing has resulted in the rapid expansion of platelet gels, tissue sealants and use of growth factors. Tissue sealants provide an excellent alternative for the closure of surgical and non surgical wounds. These sealants are used for stopping the excessive blood loss during the injuries. Numerous biomaterials have been reported as wound sealant that includes keratin, dendrimers, mussel-adhesive proteins and in-situ forming hydrogels. Platelet gels also posses clot forming ability along with the release of growth factors. Recombinant platelet derived growth factor has been used in the treatment of dermal ulcers.
Growth in the market is largely driven by the increase in number of surgical procedures. According to Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 51.4 million of surgeries were performed in the U.S. in 2012. The global wound care sealants market is segmented in to different product types that include glues, sealants, absorbable hemostats and adhesion prevention products. Both liquid and solids sealants have been developed for the variety of procedures and are effective by possessing strong adhesive properties. Biodegradable and biocompatible sealants are generally preferred during the surgical procedures.
Some of the major players capturing the market space include Baxter International, Covidien Ltd., CryoLife, CSL Behring and Davol (C.R.Bard). Other players include Genzyme, Ethicon (Jhonson and Jhonson), Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc., and Zymogenetics.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments