Advancement in healthcare IT is changing the dimensions of how a patient is being treated and provides services by a healthcare practitioner. Conventional devices and therapies are getting replaced by newer technologies and software enabled healthcare solutions. An emerging technology in this spectrum is of virtual reality, a computer enabled three dimensional interactive worlds simulating a desired environment. Though in its nascent stage of commercialization, virtual reality technology in is adopted among the department of defense, medical schools and hospitals, and manufacturers of medical equipment on a variety of levels for its various benefits. Virtual reality systems enable complete training of the surgical and therapeutic procedures to the medical trainees, as they perform psychological therapy with or without the conventional therapy and can also conduct a robotic surgery.
Based on its healthcare applications, virtual reality in healthcare market is categorized into surgery, education and training, visualization; and rehabilitation and therapy procedures. Robotic assisted surgery aids the surgeon in visualizing the operating area in close with efficient operating environment. Visualization of anatomy structures, image guided surgery procedures and planning the radiation therapy are some of the major applications of virtual reality. VR has extensive application in training and education as they provide a 3D image for better understanding of the anatomy and surgical procedure.
Owing to its early stage of development and commercialization, establishment of industry standards will lead to its rapid growth in addition to the ongoing technological advancements. Other drivers include increase in healthcare spending on the emerging technology and devices with rapid adoption of virtual reality technologies by the medical sector.
Some of the major players in this market include Virtalis Ltd, Virtual Realties Ltd, Brainlab AG, CAE Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Medtronic, Inc., Philips Healthcare, Intuitive Surgical, Inc., Siemens Healthcare, Stryker Corporation and Vital Images, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments