Transient or dissolvable electronics is a under research field wherein the semiconductor, electronic devices or gadgets can dissolve or disappear after use or under a pre-defined condition. This eco-friendly technology is expected to bring a revolutionary change in electronic recycling sector. The majority of research in this field is funded by DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency). Research is ongoing for creating special degradable polymer composite materials to provide suitable platform for electronic parts and components. Defense electronics and medical devices are major focus of this research. The aim is to develop medical devices that could dissolve inside body without any harmful impacts. These are made of thin silicon sheets and silk-encapsulated magnesium. As both silicon and magnesium are present naturally in human body, this can be absorbed in body without much harm.
There has not been any commercial launch yet, however; researchers have experimented with diodes, photo-detectors, transistors, solar cells and digital camera. Successful experiments have been reported with dissolving polymers and degradable antennas. As of now, owing to significant advantages of transient electronics in medical field such as using dissolvable parts during surgery or implants medical devices seem better positioned to see advances in research that may lead to commercial launches. Further, a combination of flexible and biodegradable electronics can open up vast opportunities in medical implants.
In January 2014, BAE Systems PLC signed a contract with DARPA under its Vanishing Programmable Resources program for research and development in this field. Researchers envision complex devices and real time response in coming future. When transient electronics emerges commercially, the width of this market can be vast encompassing all electronics markets including defense electronics, sensors, medical devices, electronic components, consumer devices, among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments