Total shoulder replacement is a medical procedure that involves replacement of damaged bones of the shoulder joints with artificial joint implants. Generally, total shoulder replacements are comprised of:
- Anatomic total shoulder replacements
- Reverse total shoulder replacements
In an anatomic total shoulder replacement, a plastic cup is fixed into the socket of shoulder (glenoid); and a ball made of metal is attached on the top of the humerus bone. Whereas, in a reverse total shoulder replacement surgery; the metal ball is fitted into the socket of the shoulder and the plastic cup is attached to the upper end of the humerus bone.
The following are some of the medical conditions where total shoulder replacements are used:
- Primary Osteoarthritis
- Proximal Humerus Fracture
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Rotator Cuff Tear Arthropathy
- Avascular Necrosis
Geographically, North America is the leading market owing to the large base of geriatric population and rise in proximal humerus fracture cases. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), around 53,000 people in the U.S. underwent shoulder replacement surgery in the year 2011. Meanwhile, the Europe and Asia-Pacific regions are expected to experience increased market traction due to the rise in cases of shoulder injury and geriatric population. Additionally, Germany is expected to remain the dominant country in the European market.
The major factors driving this market are development of advanced designs, introduction of innovative reverse shoulder implants and high adoption rate. Additionally, rise in incidence of proximal humerus fracture cases among geriatric population is one of the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, patients suffering from symptomatic shoulder arthritis are increasingly opting for total shoulder replacement surgeries which is also fuelling the growth of this market. However, high development costs, risk of implant failure and increased chances of infection are some of the factors that could hinder the growth of the market.
The notable players in the total shoulder replacement market include DePuy Synthes Inc., Zimmer Holdings Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, Arthrex Inc., LimaCorporate S.p.a., Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Tornier N.V. and Wright Medical Group, amongst others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.