Toluene is a colorless, water insoluble, volatile, inflammable liquid with odor that resembles paint thinner. It is primarily obtained from petroleum and coal tar. Toluene is commonly used as industrial feedstock and as solvent. It is used in paints, inks, adhesives, disinfectants etc. It is also used as a raw material to manufacture benzene, xylene, TNT, production of pharmaceuticals, dyes and cosmetic nail products.
Toluene is often mixed with gasoline as it improves its octane number. In 2010 almost 85% of the toluene produced globally was used as solvents and in production of benzene and xylene. The global demand for toluene is expected to grow at a steady rate. The Asia-Pacific region is alone expected to dominate the market. The demand for toluene will be driven by countries like China, India, and South Korea owing to their robust GDP growth in recent times.
The Chinese demand for toluene will drive the demand for toluene from the Asia-Pacific region. Developing countries such as those in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Eastern Europe, and the Middle East are likely to see an increase in construction activity during the period 2012-2018. So this paint market has the potential to drive the toluene market since it is used as a solvent. Another driver for this market can be the booming adhesives industry.
There are some factors that might restrict the growth of this market. One of the most prominent factors is the ever fluctuating crude oil prices. Also, the demand for other aromatic products might also act as a restrain for toluene demand. Long term exposure to Toluene has detrimental effect on central nervous system and can also harm the human brain.
High level of exposure during pregnancy can cause damage the development of feotus, causing retarded growth, birth defects, limb abnormalities etc. People now-a-days are moving toward non-VOC paints and adhesives owing to the detrimental effects of toluene. This increasing awareness among people and availability of a safer option can prevent the toluene market from reaching its full potential.
Some of the leading global manufacturers of toluene include Shell chemicals, Shanghai Dinghan Chemical co Ltd, Dongjin Semichem co ltd. etc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments