TENS Machine Manufacturing Market: Overview
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is the technology in which the electric current generated by the TENS device is used to stimulate the nerves and minimize pains associated with those nerves. TENS technology covers the entire frequencies of transcutaneously utilized currents that are useful in nerve excitation.
TENS machine is a small, portable device which comprises current impulse regulating system and a number of electrode patches (usually one to four). The TENS machine is used with two methods: high frequency method and low frequency method. At the high frequency method, the device is operated at approximately 90-130 Hz and at low frequency method; it is operated at 2-5 Hz. When the electric current is passed through skin, it interferes with and stops pain messages travelled to the brain. This principle is based on gate therapy of pain. The TENS machine is used for 15 - 20 minutes per session; depends on the site and intensity of pain.
TENS Machine Manufacturing Market: Segmentation
The market of TENS machine is segmented on the basis of applications, such as, back pain, labor pain, sport injuries, arthritis, neck pain, knee pain, tendinitis and cancer pain. Additionally, it has also found its applications in the treatment of sudden pain (cramps) and neurological pain. The market is also segmented on the basis of brands available in the market, such as, digital TENS machine, Pro TENS machine, NeuroTrac TENS machine, SportsMed Pro EMS and TENS machine, PainEze plus TENS machine, WiTouch Pro Wireless TENS machine and others.
Additionally, the market is segmented on the basis of geography, such as, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). At present, North America and Europe are currently the top markets worldwide, owing to growing prevalence of pain related disorders and technological advancemans. However, Asia-Pacific and some countries in the RoW are poised for healthy growth and will also prove to be profitable markets.
TENS Machine Manufacturing Market: Drivers
The market of TENS machine is anticipated to show lucrative growth during the forecast period from 2016 to 2023. The growth of this market is likely to support by the key factors such as increasing number of pain injuries and technological advancements. Large number of exercise associated muscle spasms is considered as an important driver of this market. For instance, according to the study conducted by the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, 67% of triatheletes were suffered from exercise-associated muscle cramps (EAMC).
Out of this, 50% were runners, whereas 15% were bikers. In order to treat these cramps, TENS machine technology is considered as the important technique. Moreover, with the increasing prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases, the population living with chronic pain is also increasing. These increasing prevalence of chronic diseases are likely to support the growth of this market. Additionally, with the growing technological advantages, the global population has witnessed awareness about this technology since past one to two years.
This increased awareness is likely to contribute in the growth of the market in the near future. On the other hand, major restraints include high cost of the device and threat of misuse and risks associated with it. The price of the TENS machine ranges from USD 170 to USD 400. This high price is the key restraint that limits its applications in pain management.
TENS Machine Manufacturing Market: Key Players
Major players engaged in the development and commercialization of the TENS device include Verity Medical Ltd., PainEze, DJO Global, truMedic, Prospera, and Tens Pros amongst others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.