Starch is a tasteless and odorless white powder made up of linear and helical molecules. All green plants store their energy in the form of carbohydrate with large glucose units. This stored energy in carbohydrate form is known as starch. The glucose units present in starch are joined together by glycosidic bonds. Starch is the most commonly used constituent of the human food diet. Starch processing industries produce many types of sugars. Other processing industries of starch include glue making, pastes and adhesives. Starch production is fairly high in developed countries whereas developing economies show good growth in starch production.
By product segment, starch can be classified as dry starch, native starch, liquid starch and modified starch. The major categories to be considered while mapping the starch processing industry are food and non-food products. Use of starch in food products includes food processing and beverages. Non-food products of starch include paper, glue, thickening agent, stiffening agent and wheat paste, among others.
Applications of starch include food & beverages, medicines & pharmaceuticals, ceramics, construction, textile, printing, cosmetics and colors. The food industry is the most dominating market for starch processing. There are several sources of starch such as potato, wheat, maize, sweet potato and cassava. According to geographic regions, the starch market is expected to show great demand in the U.S., Japan and Canada. Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World are also expected to be good revenue bases for the starch and starch producing industries.
One of the major driving factors for this market is growing demand for adhesives in packaging industries and other industrial products. Growth of food processing industry is also another driving factor for starch demand, as most of sugars are derivatives of starch. However, the use of polymers in adhesives can restrict the market for starch. Synthesis of biodegradable polymers from starch is expected to be one of the most important trends in the near future.
Cargill Inc., Beneo-Remy N.V., Tate & Lyle Plc, Emsland-Stärke Gmbh, Roquette Frères and China Essence Group Ltd. are some of the leading players in this market.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments