Inception of non-fusion technologies into spinal surgery has improved outcomes by providing patients to retain at least some movement and flexibility in the spine. The global market for spinal nonfusion technologies comprises of disc arthroplasty, nuclear arthroplasty and nuclear disc prostheses. These artificial discs are composed of metal, soft plastic like materials or a combination of both such as medical grade plastic and medical grade cobalt chromium or titanium alloy enabling flexibility to spine. Disc arthroplasty is a surgical procedure in which degenerated spinal discs are replaced by artificial discs in order to treat severe back pain resulting from degenerative invertebral discs.
The market is segmented into dynamic stabilization devices, artificial discs, annulus repair devices and nuclear disc prostheses. The stabilization devices segment comprises of interspinous process decompression devices and facet arthoplasty devices while artificial discs segment includes artificial discs for cervical and lumbar vertebrae. The key players operating in this market include Medtronic, DePuy Spine, Synthes Spine, Zimmer Spine, Raymedica, NP Solutions, Vertebral Technologies, Cryo Life, Pioneer Surgical technologies, Replication Medical and Arthro Kinetics.
The market for spinal nonfusion technologies is expected to continue growing worldwide under the influence of increasing age related degenerative changes to the spine resulting into severe back pain and disability, entry of new products that provide minimally invasive procedure. On the other hand lack of reimbursement policy for nonfusion spinal technologies and high cost associated with these procedures may hamper the growth of this market up to some extent. Geographically North America is expected to be a fastest growing region by growing at an impressive compounded annual growth rate in double digits in the context of adoption of new technologies such as dynamic stabilization devices and total disc replacement. North America will be followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. The strict governmental regulation in Japan may restrict the growth of spinal nonfusion technologies market. Asian majors including India, China, and South Korea are predicted to show a slow growth due strict regulatory approvals and conservative approach of surgeons.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments