Pesticides are the chemicals which are used for preventing, mitigating or destroying pests. These pesticides are used to kill or dampen the growth of pests. Specialty pesticides are used to improve the quality of health. Insecticides help prevent the destruction of crops from insects resulting in proper growth of the crops. Depending on the types of pests, there are different pesticides available that include Organophosphate pesticides, Carbamate pesticides and Pyrethroid pesticides. These pesticides are used in and around homes, offices and farms.
Pesticides are generally used for killing mosquitoes, bees and ants. They are also used to control the growth of algae, water grasses roadside weeds. and trees In order to prevent the loss of crops to insects pesticides are utilized. WHO (World Health Organization) has advised the used of DDT (Dichloro diphenyl Tricholoroethane) in order to combat malaria, plague, typhus and sleeping sickness. The records of WHO suggests that utilization of DDT has helped in saving approximately seven million lives.
The consumption of pesticides have been over five million pounds with herbicides being consumed the most followed by insecticides and then fungicides. In many of the countries sale and use of pesticides are regulated by the government agencies. The primary driver for the market is ever growing population. The increasing demands of the growing population such as foods have resulted in the use of pesticides which yields better cultivation. Pesticides have also created job opportunities for the people working in the industry. It has created vacancies for bio-medical engineers and labors. It is complemented with continuous innovation that has created opportunities in the research and development cell.
The major consumers of pesticides are some of the developed countries including North America, Western Europe and Japan. Herbicides dominate the markets in this region. The developing countries such as India, China, and Singapore among others lag in the use of pesticides. Insecticides are prominently used as it is no longer protected by the patent making it cheap as compared to herbicides and fungicides.
BayerSyngenta, BASF, DOW, Monsanto, Arysta Lifescience, Sumitomo Chemical, DuPont (USA), Makhteshim Agan are some of the major companies that deal in the manufacturing of specialty pesticides.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments