Soybean oil is a vegetable oil extracted from soybeans. Soybean oil is mainly used in the household cooking and in restaurants as one of the important ingredients for cooking.
Soybean oil has major usage in preparing margarine and shortenings. The market for soybean oil can be segmented on the basis of its applications such as, in Mayonnaise, salad dressing, frozen foods, meat products and commercially baked goods.
The Soybean oil market can also be segmented geographically into North America, APAC, Europe and Rest of the world (RoW) regions.
The soybean oil market is expected to grow with a single digit CAGR from 2013 to 2019.
The key driver of this market is the good emulsifying ability of the soybean oil. The soybean oil is considered to be healthy option due to lesser calories than conventional edible oils. Therefore the preference for soybean oil is more than the other type of vegetable oil present in the market. Soybean oil is low in saturated fat, and has no Trans fat , moreover it is a major source of omega3-fatty acids and Vitamin E. The growing health concerns, changing life styles and chaing food patterns among consumers to use healthy products in their daily diet are expected to support the growth in this market. Manufacturers are focusing more on the innovation to make oil healthy and tasty. The versatility and competitive price associated with soybean oil is major driver to attract maximum number of food manufacturers. However the presence of large number of substitutes is one of the major factor limiting the growth in the soybean oil market.
The distribution channel includes hypermarkets/supermarket, departmental stores and convenience stores among others.
Some of the key players Cargill Foods Inc., Adani wilmar Limited, Ruchi Soya Industries Ltd. Among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.