A smart TV is an advanced version of a basic television set and is equipped with an internet connection or a computer with a high definition (HD) or a 3D picture quality. Smart TV’s allow users to access social networking sites like Facebook, Google, and others through Wi-Fi connectivity and provide a facility to record TV programs.
Due to their efficiency and smaller size of processors, smart TVs have gained many features and become affordable. With technology advancement, these TV sets are becoming as capable as personal computers when it comes to web browsing and internet and even video browsing.
In term of unit shipments, this market is expected to show 100% growth through 2018. Due to large numbers of technology savvy customers, North America and Europe represent the most attractive regions for this market. High investments in technology advancement by industry players, market collaborations, and the growing importance of internet in day to day life will drive the growth of this market.
Lack of consumer awareness and advancement in PC technology will limit its growth. This market holds good opportunity in developed countries and also in emerging nations like China, India, Russia, and the U.S.
Based on applications, the global smart TV market is segmented into entertainment, internet access, and for educational purposes. Based on capabilities, the global smart TV market is segmented into TV broadcasting, internet surfing, live videos, video on demand, program recording, and others.
Some of the major market participants in this industry include LG Electronics, Panasonics, Samsung, Sharp, Phillips, and Toshiba.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments