Skin packaging is used for packaging different types of food products such as fresh and processed meat, cheese, fish and seafood, poultry, snacks, and ready-to-eat meals. In the consumer and industrial goods segment, skin packaging is used to package aeronautical components, ball bearings, and electrical components. The capability of skin packs to protect products from harmful gases, humidity, humidity and mechanical hazards is expected to lead to the rise in their adoption over the forecast period.
Skin packs aid in retaining the flavor and quality of the products by prolonging the shelf life of the food products enclosed in it. Over the years, it has been witnessed that the demand for plastic based packaging is growing amongst the industrial consumers and buyers, owing to the rising popularity of plastic based packaging products, which are comparatively more flexible.
Furthermore, plastic packaging is gradually substituting glass and metal packaging (particularly for food products), which in turn is expected to fuel demand for skin plastic packaging products globally over the forecast period.
Global Skin Packaging Market: Segmentation
The global skin packaging market is segmented on the basis of type, base material, heat seal coating, application, and region
On the basis of type, the global skin packaging market is segmented into:
- Cared skin packaging
- Non-cared skin packaging
The global skin packaging market is segmented on the basis of base material as:
- Plastic films
- Paper & paperboard
- White lined chipboard (WLC)
- Solid Beached Board (SBS)
On the basis of heat seal coating, the global skin packaging market is segmented into:
- Solvent based
On the basis of application, the global skin packaging market is segmented into:
- Meat, poultry & seafood
- Fresh produce
- Consumer goods
- Toys & related goods
- Electrical components
- Electronic products
- Industrial goods
- Automotive parts
Region wise, the global skin packaging market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, and the Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Global Skin Packaging Market: Drivers
The global skin packaging market has been growing in line with the growth in the food and packaging industries and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. Increasing production in the meat industry and the growing trend of convenience food, accentuate the need for skin packaging, which aids in extending the shelf life of the food product and prevents it from getting contaminated.
Growing concerns related to the environment and stringent regulations related to packaging waste are encouraging manufacturers to increase their investment in R&D activities to develop sustainable packaging materials. This is expected to boost demand for skin packaging owing to its cost-effective features that demand for less packaging resources and prevent food loss by prolonging the shelf life of the food product.
Moreover, high disposable incomes and changing lifestyles have led to an increase in the consumption of packed goods, which in turn are expected to drive demand for skin packaging globally.
Global Skin Packaging Market: Region-wise Outlook
The Asia-Pacific region accounts for a major share of the skin packaging market currently in terms of value, closely followed by Europe and North America. The global skin packaging market in developing countries, such as China and India, is projected to grow at a higher rate from 2016 to 2026. China is likely to grow faster than other countries, owing to its strong economic growth, combined with increased food consumption and rapid urbanization witnessed in the country.
Global Skin Packaging Market: Competitive Landscape
The key players in the global skin packaging market have strong established distribution networks across the world and the financial strength to sustain their market position. The same cannot be said about new entrants in the market. In order to achieve growth in the global skin packaging market, the players need to: have a strong distribution network to facilitate the timely delivery of their products to customers, whenever needed, as well as implement all rules & regulations laid down by several regulatory bodies.
Global Skin Packaging Market: Key Players
Some of the major players identified in the global skin packaging market are:
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Berry Plastics Group, Inc.
- Clondalkin Group Holdings B.V.
- I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Display Pack Inc.
- Linpac Packaging Limited
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Mondini SPA
- WestRock Company
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Skin Packaging Market Segments
- Global Skin Packaging Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Global Skin Packaging Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Skin Packaging Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Global Skin Packaging Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional Analysis for Global Skin Packaging Market Includes
- North America
- U.S. & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
This research report analyzes this market on the basis of its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.