Sexually transmitted diseases (STD), also known as venereal diseases have significant probability of transmission among humans by means of human sexual behavior. These diseases can also spread through childbirth or breast feeding and by the shared use of needles. Diseases such as HIV, HPV, and Hepatitis B & C are forms of STDs. The increasing incidences of unprotected sex have led to an increase in the number of STD patients, which has ultimately led to a rise in the demand for STD diagnostic and treatment.
Some of the drivers of this market are lack of sex related knowledge among the population of developing countries, and the availability and efficacy of anti-viral treatment.
The market of STD diagnostics can be segmented by type as follows:
- Genotyping: It is a genome-wide approach to gene mapping that includes methods for studying and monitoring changes in genetic information
- Viral load monitoring: A method used to determine the concentration of a virus in the patient’s blood
- Molecular diagnostic: Tests and assays used for detecting DNA or RNA for the purpose of diagnosis
- Immunoassays: A test through which the presence of protein is detected with the help of antibodies
The market possesses high growth opportunities due to adoption of new technologies and development of novel assays that will drive the market in the future.
Some of the key players of the market are Abbott Laboratories, Bayer AG, Home Access Health, Inc., and Merck and Company, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments