The drugs that are taken by the patients on their own are known as self administration drugs. These drugs are administered in the body through implantable and non implantable infusion pumps which have an opening that comes in contact with the skin surface for injecting drugs. In addition, oral, over-the-counter and topical prescription drugs are also considered to be self administered drugs.
Self administered drugs include Actimmune, Afinitor, Apokyn, Enbrel, Cetrotide, Caprelsa, Cetrotide, Bosulif, Bravelle, Betaseron,Zytiga, Zorbtive, Zolinza, Xgeva, Zavesca, Xeloda, Xtandi, Tev-Tropin, TOBI, Vectibix, Temodar, Tecfidera, Ventavis, Tasigna and Thalomid. Many more drugs are in the market that can be taken by the patients on their own. Infusion pumps play a very crucial role in self administration drugs market. Insulin and certain analgesics are directly injected to the intravenous and cerebrospinal fluid respectively, through the infusion pumps.
Change in lifestyles will augment the growth of this market since the use of self administered drugs would reduce time for the patient. In addition, reimbursement policies will also boost the growth of this market. Medicare Supplemental Medical Insurance (SMI) covers certain list of self administered drugs that are given for general care of the patient. Moreover, shifting of patient population to industrial countries may also trigger the growth of this market. High healthcare costs coupled with increasing trend towards self administration of drugs for various diseases will also enhance the growth of this market. Increase in the number of diabetic patients worldwide will contribute greatly to the growth of this market.
Despite all these factors, growth of this market may get hindered due to various reasons such as side effects due to improper doses of medications and leakage of raw materials of the implants in blood. In addition, stringent caregiver safety legislations will also hamper the growth of this market. The major players operating in the self administration drugs market include Abbott Laboratories, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Novartis AG and Eli Lilly and Company, among other significant players worldwide.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.