This market includes various products, technologies and services which are used in sample preparation for genomics, proteomics and epigenomics. The market was valued at USD 4 billion in 2011 and is expected to reach USD 9 billion by 2016, growing at a CAGR of 19%. This can be attributed to the fact that sample preparation is the basic step involved in any life sciences research project. It is one of the most crucial requirements which might alter the research results if not executed accurately, thereby hampering the success of the project.
Of the three application areas mentioned above, sample preparation in genomics segment holds the largest market share of about 50%, followed by the epigenomics application market (40%) and the proteomics application market (10%). However, with the current life science research trend increasingly shifting towards epigenomic research, the market for sample preparation in epigenomics is expected to record the highest growth rate (20%) amongst the three application areas.
The market for sample preparation in genomics is segmented into DNA amplification (PCR), sequencing applications (NGS) and cloning (DNA microarrays, RNA interference). The market for sample preparation in epigenomics research is segmented into DNA methylation research and histone methylation research. The market for sample preparation in proteomics is segmented into protein purification (chromatography), protein identification and sequencing (spectrometry, gel analysis) and protein assays (protein chips).
Rising investments in R&D initiatives for drug discovery and new drug development, rising demand for genetically modified crops and organisms and emergence of new technologies such as synthetic biology, are some of the growth drivers of this market. Key players dominating this market space are Agilent Technologies, GE Healthcare, Life Technologies Corp., Qiagen, Sigma-Aldrich Corp.,, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Illumina, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments