Treatment options for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are expanding as a result of increasing research activities and more explicit understanding of the pathophysiology of diseases. For the treatment of RA, novel selective inhibitors such as cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) are used along with the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Although COX-2 is used in treatment of RA, it has several side effects associated with the upper gastrointestinal region.
Currently, use of disease modifying antirheumatic drugs is recommended by most professionals in the early stages of disease.
The rheumatoid arthritis pharmacotherapeutics market is categorized as follows:
- Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) Inhibitors
- Non-TNF Biologics
- Novel Oral Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs (DMARDs)
The tumor necrosis factor inhibitor segment is the most prominent segment of this market and expected to dominate the global rheumatoid arthritis pharmacotherapeutics market during the forecast period, although to a lesser degree. The TNF inhibitors such as Humira, Remicade, and Enbrel are the major dominating factors in the rheumatoid arthritis and pharmacotherapeutics market as first line standards of care.
Some of the major players in the rheumatoid arthritis pharmacotherapeutics market include Amgen, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. These key players hold almost equal market shares with Amgen maintaining the leading position by a small margin.
Introduction of new biologics in the market is expected to affect the TNF market share to a considerable extent. High cost of biologics treatment procedures makes these therapies inaccessible to most patients, thus driving the cheaper treatment options without sacrificing safety and efficiency.
This market research report analyzes important market segments, and major geographies. This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides an overview of the pricing trend and its impact on the market