There has been an increase in demand for the refurbished medical equipment market globally, along with the new equipments market. Until a decade ago, refurbished medical equipments were exported to developing countries, and the suppliers involved were not professionally trained, which restrained the growth of this market. However, economic crises and cost containment issues related to healthcare budgets in developed countries like the U.S. and the recent economic recession of Europe has triggered the growth of this market in these countries. Additionally, there has been a surge of trained professionals in this segment.
Refurbishment of equipments is an organized method or a process to inspect the safety & efficacy of the used equipment and ensures that all the safety parameters are met before the use of the equipment, without changing its proposed use as per the original registration. The life of medical devices also plays a vital role for qualification of refurbished equipment.
Cost constraints are one of the major factors for driving the growth of this market. Rise in aging population has led to an increase in the number of surgical procedures globally. This has pressed the growth of this market. There has been flourishing growth of private healthcare institutions globally, which has added up to the overall growth of this market. Inefficient reimbursement policies, lack of support from government bodies, and strong regulatory practices are hampering the growth of this market.
The refurbished medical equipments market is estimated reach USD 9 billion to grow with a steady CAGR of 8.2% from 2012 to 2018.This growth is attributed to the high demand of medical imaging refurbished equipments in developed as well as emerging economies like India, China, and Brazil.
Some of the major players in this market are original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) like GE Healthcare (U.K.), Phillips Healthcare (Netherlands), Siemens Healthcare (Germany), Johnson & Johnson (U.S.), Agito Medical (Denmark), DMS Topline (U.S.), First Source, Inc (U.S.), and Soma Technology (U.S.).
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments