Rapid microbiology tests expedite the determination of a microorganism causing a symptomatic infection and hence help in selection of a method for its elimination. Rapid diagnosis of an infection with accuracy enables patient for early commencement of therapy and implementation of appropriate infection control measures. Such tests also reduce redundancy of un-required diagnostic testing and treatment. Current rapid microbiology tests include various genomic testing methodologies such as nucleic acid hybridization, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technologies or nucleic acid sequencing. These tests are highly sensitive and specific in nature and provide accurate outcomes.
Rapid microbiology tests market is categorized based on the following applications:
- Automated identification & susceptibility systems
- Automated blood culture systems
- Streptococcus infection rapid tests
- Sexually transmitted diseases rapid tests
- Respiratory disease rapid tests
- Gastrointestinal rapid test
- Other automated & rapid microbiological tests
- Non-clinical applications
Globally, North America dominates the rapid microbiology tests market due to large number of market-focused players providing wider range of product portfolio and is followed by Europe. Emerging economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America are expected to show significant growth in the rapid microbiology tests market due to an increase in the number of laboratories in these regions and upgradation of existing ones for automation of various instrumentation systems.
One of the major factors driving the growth of rapid microbiology test markets is the growing need for faster diagnosis. Other factors propelling this market include technological advancement, reduced cost, improved patient satisfaction due to elimination of use of antibiotics and other drugs, impending threat of transmission of AIDS and increased potential of bioterrorism tests. Advancements in molecular diagnostic technologies may pose a challenge to the traditional rapid microbiology test market by causing reduction in sales volume.
Some of the key players contributing in rapid microbiology tests market include Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Gen-Probe, Inc., Orasure Technologies, Inc., Remel, Inc., Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc., Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Thermo-Fischer Scientific, Inc., Sysmex Corporation and Quidel Corporation.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments