Hydraulic fracturing is the process of generating fractures in a rock solid surface using pressurized fracture fluids, and proppants keep this fracture open while drilling for oil. This process is crucial in the extraction of liquids and gas, which cannot be easily extracted through normal drilling methods. The extraction is usually conducted in low permeable reservoirs of oil and natural gas. A proppant is one of the integral fluids after water that helps in the process of fracturing and makes it easier to extract oil and natural gas from permeable reservoirs.
The market is expected to excel effectively from 2012 and is expected to register double digit growth rate during the forecasted period 2012 to 2018. The proppants market is largely concentrated in North America since the majority of oil extraction companies are located here. The proppants market is witnessing growth in most of the emerging and developed economies and huge investments are involved in the process. The traditional drilling methods incur high cost and can disturb the availability of the resource. Hence, proppants play a crucial role in the extraction process by keeping the supplies of natural gas and oil unhindered, which is fuelling the proppants market.
The transportation of proppants to their destination adds to the cost of the product. The quality also affects the overall cost of the products and higher the grade, more is the cost of the product. Hence, quality and transportation are the major hurdles for the growth of this market across the globe. It is quite evident that the majority of the market share is enjoyed by developed economies and hence, the developing economies would definitely present better market opportunities for proppants.
Some of the market players are Atlas Resin Proppants, Borprop Proppants, Cadre Proppants, CARBO Ceramics, Dow Corning Corporation, FTS International, Hi-Crush Partners LP and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments