Home Press Releases Smart Cities Market Expected to Reach USD 1,265.85 Billion Globally
Smart Cities Market Expected to Reach USD 1,265.85 Billion Globally
Posted on May 22, 2014
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research (www.transparencymarketresearch.com) “Smart Cities Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019,” the global smart cities market is expected to reach a value of USD 1,265.85 billion by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 14.0% from 2013 to 2019. Increase in migration from rural to urban areas is the major factor responsible for the growth of smart cities market, globally. North America was the largest contributor to the smart cities market and accounted for a share of 34.5% in 2012. This is mainly attributed to the increasing smart grid investments, upgradation in the water infrastructure and transportation sector. The manufacturers in this region are investing more in smart meters and smart grids to provide an excellent foundation for smart city programs.
Among the different application categories, smart transportation segment held the largest share of around 16% in 2012. This was due to the growing demand for advanced traffic management, building a superior environment and reducing the volume of delivery vehicles. At the same time, smart transportation links the modes of transport to improve the traffic flow in both urban and inter-urban networks. Smart transportation system helps in minimizing the economic burden of government by reducing traveling delays and fuel consumption rate. Smart security is the fastest growing segment and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.0% during the forecast period from 2013 to 2019. One of the reasons for the growing popularity of smart security is that it avoids third party misuse by imposing high security requirements onto the used technology.
In terms of geography, North America represents largest market for smart cities and is expected to reach a market size of USD 392.41 billion by 2019. The regional governments are taking steps towards reducing the carbon footprint by increasing the use of renewable energy resources. Governments in North America are currently working on an objective to accomplish the target of zero wastage of energy by the year 2020.
Some of the major players in smart cities market include Siemens AG, ABB Ltd., IBM Corporation, Hitachi Ltd., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Honeywell international Inc., Alstom S.A., General Electric Company, Telefonaktiebolaget L. M. Ericsson, Cisco Systems Inc., Oracle Corporation and others.
Browse the full report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/smart-cities-market.html
The global smart cities market is segmented as below:
Smart Cities Market, By Application
- Smart homes
- Smart buildings
- Smart energy management
- Smart industrial automation
- Smart healthcare
- Smart transportation
- Smart security
- Others (smart water management, smart education, so on)
Smart Cities Market, By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector - such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports thrive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Dispatch Console (Transportation, LMR Communication and Telecommunication) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- The research study titled “Dispatch Console (Transportation, LMR Communication and Telecommunication) Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020” provides strategic analysis of the global dispatch console market along with the market growth (size in USD Million) forecast for the period from 2014 to 2020. The overall market revenue is inclusive of the revenue generated from dispatch console...
- Tailored Software Solutions for the Oilfield Services - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, Growth and Forecast 2014 - 2020Oil and gas companies have to manage large data sets throughout the value chain of the hydrocarbon industry. In this capital intensive oil and gas sector the energy companies need to maintain complex and geographically diverse data sets of subcontractors, employees and suppliers. The new cost pressures have led oil and gas companies to increase their efficiency in exploration and production services. Automating...
- Telecom Expense Management Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Telecom expense management is a solution whereby business organizations can effectively manage their telecom networks. Such a solution encompasses people, technologies and processes that are needed to govern the network. With the help of telecom expense management, it is possible to maintain an accurate inventory of all the network elements in an organization including server, wiring panels, laptops, cell phones...