Home Press Releases Smart Cities Market Expected to Reach USD 1,265.85 Billion Globally
Smart Cities Market Expected to Reach USD 1,265.85 Billion Globally
Posted on May 22, 2014
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research (www.transparencymarketresearch.com) “Smart Cities Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019,” the global smart cities market is expected to reach a value of USD 1,265.85 billion by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 14.0% from 2013 to 2019. Increase in migration from rural to urban areas is the major factor responsible for the growth of smart cities market, globally. North America was the largest contributor to the smart cities market and accounted for a share of 34.5% in 2012. This is mainly attributed to the increasing smart grid investments, upgradation in the water infrastructure and transportation sector. The manufacturers in this region are investing more in smart meters and smart grids to provide an excellent foundation for smart city programs.
Among the different application categories, smart transportation segment held the largest share of around 16% in 2012. This was due to the growing demand for advanced traffic management, building a superior environment and reducing the volume of delivery vehicles. At the same time, smart transportation links the modes of transport to improve the traffic flow in both urban and inter-urban networks. Smart transportation system helps in minimizing the economic burden of government by reducing traveling delays and fuel consumption rate. Smart security is the fastest growing segment and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.0% during the forecast period from 2013 to 2019. One of the reasons for the growing popularity of smart security is that it avoids third party misuse by imposing high security requirements onto the used technology.
In terms of geography, North America represents largest market for smart cities and is expected to reach a market size of USD 392.41 billion by 2019. The regional governments are taking steps towards reducing the carbon footprint by increasing the use of renewable energy resources. Governments in North America are currently working on an objective to accomplish the target of zero wastage of energy by the year 2020.
Some of the major players in smart cities market include Siemens AG, ABB Ltd., IBM Corporation, Hitachi Ltd., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Honeywell international Inc., Alstom S.A., General Electric Company, Telefonaktiebolaget L. M. Ericsson, Cisco Systems Inc., Oracle Corporation and others.
Browse the full report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/smart-cities-market.html
The global smart cities market is segmented as below:
Smart Cities Market, By Application
- Smart homes
- Smart buildings
- Smart energy management
- Smart industrial automation
- Smart healthcare
- Smart transportation
- Smart security
- Others (smart water management, smart education, so on)
Smart Cities Market, By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector - such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports thrive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Telecom API (By Service Type - Payment, SMS, MMS and RCS, Maps and Location, Voice/Speech, Identity Management, WebRTC and Others; By User Type - Enterprise Developer, Internal Telecom Developer, Partner Developer and Long Tail Developer) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2022
- Telecom API market represents an overall Application Programming Interface (API) services provided by telecom carriers, service providers and aggregators to application developers in order to create mobile applications. Telecom API helps application developers to integrate various services such as payment, voice, SMS and WebRTC into their mobile application. This helps application developers to enhance their customer experience and market their mobile...
- Data Center Security Market [By Component Type - Logical Components (Threat and Application Security, Access Control and Compliance, and Data Protection), Physical Components, and Services (Managed Services and Consulting Services)] - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2022Data centers centralize the IT operations of organizations and assist in the storage, management, and dissemination of their data. Data centers contain networks’ most critical systems and are important for the continuity of routine operations. They manage back-end data storage and information technology systems. With the increasing practice of distributed computing, data centers are still common and have...
- Vacuum Pumps Market (By Application Range - Low Vacuum Pressure, Medium Vacuum Pressure, High and Ultra-high Vacuum Pressure; By Type - Entrapment Pumps and Gas Transfer Vacuum Pumps; By End-use Application - Oil & Gas, Industrial and Manufacturing, Power, Chemical Processing, Semiconductor & Electronics and Others) - MEA Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2025This report aims to provide comprehensive strategic analysis of the MEA vacuum pumps market along with the market size and growth forecast for the period from 2015 to 2025. The key factors driving the growth of MEA market include growth in demand for energy, large project activities undergoing. In addition, growth of enterprises and small scale industries in industrial and manufacturing sector and process industries have led to growth of vacuum pumps in the...