Prenatal diagnostics is a procedure for testing of diseases before the birth of a child, to determine certain inheritable disorders such as chromosome abnormalities, Down’s syndrome, genetic diseases, neural tube defects, and other conditions. It can be conducted by various procedures of screening, common testing, genetic testing and other measures in cases of high risk related to the birth of a child.
The global market for prenatal diagnostics in 2010 was USD 5.35 billion and it is expected to grow with a CAGR of 4.35% and generate revenues of USD 5.89 billion by 2018.The U.S. is the market leader in prenatal diagnostics followed by Europe. The market is expected to grow in the economies of Latin America and Asia Pacific.
Major factors driving the growth of prenatal diagnostics market include increase in detection rates of Down’s syndrome, increasing demand for non invasive prenatal diagnostics, advancement in technologies, and also due to increasing age of mothers which enhances the possibility and risk of chromosomal abnormalities.
Some key players of the prenatal diagnostics market are PerkinElmer, Inc., Ravgen, Inc., Sequenom, Inc., Angle Plc., Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine, Hologic Inc., LLC, Abbott Molecular and TrovaGene, Inc.
This market research report analyzes important market segments, and major geographies. This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides an overview of the pricing trend and its impact on the market