Polyethyleneimines also known as polyziridine is a polymer containing an amine group. Linear polyethyleneimines adopt solid form at room temperature, while branched polyethyleneimines are liquids across molecular weights. Linear polyethyleneimines are soluble in hot water, methanol, ethanol as well as chloroform. Polyethyleneimines are industrially manufactured and find applications which are mainly derived from its polycatonic chemical character. Linear polyethyleneimines are synthesized by the hydrolysis of poly(2-ethyl-2-oxazoline), while branched polyethyleneimines are synthesized by ring opening polymerization of aziridine. Different degree of branching can be achieved through different reaction conditions.
Polyethyleneimines are employed in various end-use products such as detergents, adhesives, cosmetics and as water treatment agent. It is also applied as a wet strength agent in the paper manufacturing process, and as flocculent with silica sols. Apart from these the chemical has several specialized applications. Due to its polycatonic property it is used as an attachment promoter in the cell culture of weak anchoring cells. It is also used as a transfection reagent as it has the capability to condense DNA to positively charged particles, which bind to negatively charged cell surface residues, and are introduced to a cell through endocytosis. Polyethyleneimines are also used to capture carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Sulfonated polyethyleneimines is also useful as blood anti-coagulant.
The market for polyethyleneimines is primarily driven by its applications in detergents, adhesives and water treatment. However with the favorable properties, it has enormous scope to grow in the niche applications such as transfection. Major demand for polyethyleneimines is derived from the North America and Europe market, while Asia Pacific has exhibited the fastest growth rate among all markets mainly due to the increasing growth and purchasing power in this region. Some of the industrial manufacturers of polyethyleneimines are Hisunny Chemical Co.Ltd., Alfa Aesar, Serva Electrophoresis GmbH and Leap Labchem Co. Ltd. among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments