Plywood is a wood panel prepared from thin sheets of wood veneer. Plywood is one of the most widely used wood products. It is inexpensive, flexible, re-usable and workable. Plywood is used as a substitute for plain wood due to its resistance to cracking, splitting, shrinkage and twisting. Plywood generally offers higher degree of strength than plain wood. On the basis of applications plywood is classified as softwood plywood, hardwood plywood, tropical plywood and decorative plywood among others.
The market for plywood was mainly driven by increasing demand from housing market. The demand has increased owing to growing significance of plywood in the buildings & construction industry and its advantages over conventional metal, wood, and plastic. In addition, plywood is also used in marine applications for building decks. Structural panel market is likely to be the major opportunity for the plywood market. The major restraint for the market would be higher cost of plywood as compared to OSB (Oriented Starboard) which offers similar features to that of plywood. .
In terms of demand, North America was the leading region for plywood market. The demand has been substantial from housing market. North America was followed by Europe, where the demand is huge from housing and construction market. The demand for plywood is mainly from the U.K. and Germany. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market for plywood. The demand is this region is driven by Japan, India and China owing to construction activities in this region. The Rest of the World is expected to exhibit lower demand for plywood in upcoming years owing to higher prices compared to OSB.
Some of the key manufacturers in the plywood market are Ainsworth Lumber Co. Ltd., Boise Cascade LLC, Atlantic Plywood Corporation, Eksons Corp. Bhd, Century Plyboard (India) Ltd., Greenply Industries Ltd., Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Uniply Industries Ltd. and Weyerhaeuser Company among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments