Piezoelectricity is a reversible property possessed by materials that do not have center of symmetry. When dimensional change is imposed on the dielectric, a voltage is created which is known as direct effect. In addition, the application of an electric field to a dielectric results in a dimensional change which is called inverse effect. Materials that display this behavior are called piezoelectric materials.
Piezoelectric materials have the ability to change their shape due to electric current passing through them and possess high stiffness. These materials are used as sensors to measure strain, acceleration or force and convert them into electric signal. Furthermore, they are used as ultrasonic transducers for medical applications. Aluminium nitride, apatite and quartz are some piezoelectric materials.
The on-going development of piezoelectric materials has increased its demands from everyday use to more specialized devices. In automotive industry, these materials are found in sensors, audible alarms and seat belt buzzers among others. In addition, in medical industry these materials are used in ultrasonic imaging, disposable patient monitors and foetal heart monitors among others. Furthermore, piezoelectric materials are found in inkjet printers, hydrophones, and sonar and guidance systems among others. The growing use of these materials in the above mentioned novel applications are expected to drive the piezoelectric market within the forecast period. However, stringent regulations implemented by the European Union on piezoelectric materials on account of the presence of toxic compounds such as lead which are hazardous to health are expected to hamper the piezoelectric materials market over the next few years.
On account of the growing automobile industry in China and Germany, Asia Pacific has been the fastest growing market and this trend is expected to continue within the forecast period followed by Europe. Piezoelectric materials market comprises of companies such as APC International Ltd, Morgan Advanced Materials and PI Ceramic GmbH among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments