Pasta is a traditional Italian cuisine and is a staple food. Pasta is prepared from unleavened dough of wheat flour mixed with water in various shapes. It is considered to be a versatile food item and therefore it has number of varieties.
The Pasta market can be segmented into various categories such as Macaroni, Noodles and Spaghetti and it can also be segmented as fresh and dried pasta. The market can also be segmented geographically into North America, APAC, Europe and RoW regions.
The global Pasta market is expected to growth with substantial single digit CAGR from 2013 to 2019. The U.S. and Europe are the market leader of pasta in terms of consumption geographically. Japan and Italy has the maximum consumption country wise.
Easy and quick to cook and longer shelf life are the key drivers of growth in Pasta market globally. The factors such as high nutritional value, and increasing distribution channels such as supermarkets/ hypermarkets and departmental stores among others support the growth in demand for pasta. Geographically, Europe accounts for the largest percentage share in consumption followed by North America. Manufacturers have introduced a number of different taste makers to attract more number of consumers worldwide. Moreover owing to changing lifestyle there is a significant increase in the number of nuclear families globally , which is expected to drive the Pasta market in future.
Some of the key players in pasta are Armanino Foods of Distinction Inc., Barilla Holding S.p.A Archer Daniels Midland Company, American Italian Pasta Company, Campbell Soup Company, ConAgra Foods, Inc., Nissin Foods Holdings Co., Ltd., Sbarro, Inc., Fiori-Bruna Pasta Products, Inc., Strom Products Ltd., and General Mills among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.