Remote sensing technology is the gathering of information about an object or incident without making any contact with it. In modern usage, the term usually refers to the use of aerial sensor technologies for the detection of objects in the atmosphere and on the earth.
Remote sensing technology is classified into two major types - active remote sensing and passive remote sensing. Passive remote sensors detect the natural radiation emitted or reflected by an object or surrounding areas while the active sensor technology emits energy to scan the object and areas to determine the position and other physical entities around the object.
One of the key factors influencing this growth includes the need to improve the understanding of the earth’s systems. This technology is witnessing increasing adoption of remote sensors in different industries; however, complexity in data interpretation is a challenge to the growth of this market.
Passive remote sensing is dependent on natural light for the detection of radiation from an object; however, active remote sensors have the advantage of collecting data at any time of the day or night since they have their own source of energy. Active remote sensing technology is popularly used in lasers and radars. Examples of passive remote sensing technology include infrared, charge coupled devices, photography, and radiometers.
Some of the major players dominating this market include General Dynamics Corp., Northrop Grumman Corp., Raytheon Co., Leica Geosystems Holdings AG, Lockheed Martin Corp., Thales Group, and Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc., ITT Corp., and a few others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.