Global Oral Syringes Market: Overview
Oral syringes are used to deliver medication orally directly in the mouth of the patient. They are designed in such a way that it reduces the risk of medication dosing thus curbing chances of administrative error. Oral syringes can meet patient needs of all the age groups, and this syringes can be used several times by an individual patient within a time frame of seven days. Parent market for oral syringes is the medical syringes with a needle and some possible related markets for oral syringes are injection pens, specialty needles, and insulin pumps. Over the years, the market has evolved from using dosing cups, droppers and the use of teaspoon while consuming liquid medication to the use of oral syringes to increase chances of giving correct doses.
Global Oral Syringes Market: Drivers and Restrains
It is expected that expansion of a global pharmaceuticals industry is projected to grow at a healthy CAGR over the forecast period. As there is a growing prevalence of acute diseases caused due to improper amount of consumption of doses thus the need for accurate consumption of medication has increased leading to the growth of oral syringes market across the world. Oral syringes are easy to use and can also be pre-sterilized so that it can be re-used and also helps in reducing the drug losses. These all factors together drive the global oral syringe market. On the other hand, most of the user friendly, streamlined designs of oral syringes can do a little as this syringes are a costly option as compared to dose cups and droppers. Also, most of the users feel uncomfortable while consuming medication orally through syringes. Thus this are some of the restraining factors that can hamper the growth of global oral syringes market.
Global Oral Syringes Market: Segmentation
Based on the end use, syringes market can be segmented as
- Oral/enteral dose syringes
- Designed specifically for oral dosing with safety and accuracy.
- Topical Dispenser
- Used to facilitate mess-free and easy delivery of oily and viscous cream, lotions etc.
- Vaginal Dispenser
- Used to enable clean comfortable application of vaginal cream and ointments.
- Unit-dose dispenser
- Lid container used to packing and delivering adult oral unit doses.
Based on the material used, oral syringes market can be segmented as
- Glass Syringes
- Plastic Syringes
Based on the color options, oral syringes market can be segmented as
- Clear dispenser with orange gradient markings
- Clear dispenser with blue gradient markings
- Amber dispenser with white gradient markings
Based on the Size of Oral dispenser, oral syringes market can be segmented as
- 1 ml dispenser.
- 3 ml dispenser.
- 5 ml dispenser.
- 10 ml dispenser
Global Oral Syringes Market: Regional Overview
Geographically, the global oral syringes market is segmented into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). Due to advanced healthcare infrastructure, increasing purchasing power and availability of new technologies in North America and Europe is expected to have a higher share over the forecast period thus leading to a surge in demand of global oral syringes market. In Asia Pacific, due to increased healthcare awareness and growth in healthcare facilities in some emerging economies like China and India where high availability of skilled manpower in the oral Pharmaceutical industry, it is expected that oral syringes market will show a healthy growth rate in Asia Pacific region. Thus, globally over the forecast period of 2017-27 with a steady CAGR, a healthy growth is expected in global oral syringes market.
Global Oral Syringes Market: Key Players
Some predominant players identified across the global oral Syringes market are as
- Braun Melsungen AG.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company.
- NIPRO Corporation (Japan).
- Medtronic (Ireland).
- Gerresheimer AG (Germany).
- Amcor Limited.
- CODAN Medizinische Geräte GmbH & Co KG (Germany).
- Smiths Medical (U.S.).
- Terumo Corporation (Japan).
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.