Nano-fiber cell scaffolds are artificial structures used in tissue engineering which provides mechanical, chemical and biological support in tissue formation. Tissue engineering involves the process of growing organs by implantation of engineered tissue from the recipient and thereby preventing immunological rejection which usually occurs in case of organ transplantation. Myocardial tissue engineering (myocardial infarction, ventricular remodeling and heart failure), cartilage repair, bone repair, dermal wound healing and toxicology testing are the application areas where nano-fiber cell scaffolds are utilized.
The materials used in nano-fiber cell scaffold are segmented as natural biomaterials, synthetic biomaterials and elastomeric composites.
The synthetic biomaterials segment includes biodegradable polymers and bioactive ceramics and glasses. Synthetic biodegradable polymers used in nano-fiber cell scaffold are typically poly-α-hydroxy esters such as polylactic acid (PLA), polyglycolic acid (PGA), polycaprolactone (PCL), and 90:10 copolymer of polylactic acid and polyglycolic acid (PLGA). Bioactive ceramics/glasses which find application in nano-fiber cell scaffold are hydroxyapatite (HA) and ß-tricalcium phosphate (ß-TCP).
The natural biomaterials used in nano-fiber cell scaffold are proteins (collagen, fibrin, elastin) and polysaccharides (alginate, chitosan, glycosaminoglycans). Composites such as collagen-hydroxyapatite (HA) and collagen - calcium phosphate are also used in manufacture of nano-fiber cell scaffold. Owing to the huge spending in tissue engineering research in the U.S., North America leads the global nano-fiber cell scaffold market. This market is very nascent in nature and therefore opportunities exist for entry of small companies across the globe.
Some of the market players in this industry are Baxter International Inc., Medtronic, Inc., DePuy, Inc., Zimmer Holdings, Inc., Advanced Tissue Sciences, 3D Biotek, LLC, Stryker Corp., Terumo, Osiris Therapeutics, MorphoGen Pharmaceuticals, Synthecon, Inc., Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Life Technologies Corporation, Bacterin International Holdings, Inc., Tecan Trading AG, Stratum Laboratories and Genzyme Corporation.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments