Microdisplays are small displays that require magnifying optics to use them. These displays are made of a CMOS chip that includes a two dimensional array of transistors. In combination with the liquid crystal material, a cover glass yields a reflective LCD. Microdisplays are generally used in head mounted displays, projectors, view finders, or in other lens view display systems. Continuous and rapid development in display technology has made the way for different types of displays in the commercial market in the past few years. The display industry has witnessed developments in display technologies from the heaviest cathode ray tube (CRT) displays to energy efficient organic light emitting diode (OLED) displays. Today, there are displays ranging from extra large size to just an inch. The combination of different types of display technologies has helped the existing microdisplays market to expand in the areas of defense and medicine. Based on features and performance, different technologies are used for different applications. This tremendous growth in the microdisplays market is expected to bring a rise in the sale of head mounted displays, which are extensively used for military and medical applications.
The microdisplays displays market is segmented based on products, technology, and applications as follows:
- Product Segments
- Digital Micromirror Devices (DMD)
- Liquid Crystal Display Technology (LCD)
- Liquid Crystal On-Silicon Technology (LCOS)
- Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED)
- Application Segments
- Industrial Applications
- Consumer Applications
Hit by the economic downturn in 2008, many microdisplays manufacturing companies either shut down or were acquired by other companies. This market is now gaining momentum due to the increasing use of microdisplays in smartphones and televisions. The growing number of applications of microdisplays in consumer electronic products is one of the major growth drivers of this market.
Some of the market leaders engaged in the manufacturing of microdisplays include AU Optronics Corp., Cambridge Display Technology Ltd., Himax Display Inc., Epson Corp., Forth Dimension Displays Ltd., LG Display Co. Ltd., Micron Technology Inc., MicroOLED, Microvision Inc., Rockwell Collins, Kopin Corporation, Universal Display Corporation, and Vuzix Wisechip Semiconductor Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments