Investors have kept away from the metals and minerals sector in the last couple of years as the short term outlook of the industry has failed to inspire confidence. Metal prices are falling and yet, demand has remained surprisingly below expected levels. These factors have translated to a lackluster performance of the global metals and minerals industry.
However, experts are strongly of the opinion that the global metals and minerals industry outlook in the long run remains positive. This indicates that the trickle of investments in the metals and minerals sector will gradually gather force, with emerging nations receiving a substantial share of these investments. The demand and prices of metals such as gold, silver, copper, steel, aluminum, and iron are the key indicators of the performance of the global metals and minerals industry. However, if the metals, minerals, and mining industry is to truly reclaim lost ground, it cannot do so without achieving a certain degree of product differentiation and addressing the issue of resource scarcity.
Metals and Minerals Market Research Reports
- Silicon Metal Market (Application - Aluminum Alloys, Silicones/Silanes, Semiconductors, Solar Panels) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Published Date: 2016-07-12136 Pages
Silicon metal is derived from quartz (silicon dioxide). It is purified elemental silicon alloyed with significant quantities of other elements such as aluminum and calcium. Key applications of silicon metal include aluminum alloys, silicones/silanes, semiconductors, solar panels, and others (laboratory reagents, etc.). Growth in the building & construction industry in Asia Pacific is projected to boost the consumption of silicones.
- Copper (Wire Rod; Plates, Sheets, & Strips; Rods, Bars, & Sections; and Others) Market for Construction, Electrical & Electronic Products, Transportation, Industrial, and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Published Date: 2016-03-09182 Pages
Copper is a ductile metal with high electrical and thermal conductivity. It is a versatile metal with excellent chemical, physical, and aesthetic properties. Copper can be recovered from open pit mines or through the in-situ leach process. It is primarily employed in electrical wires, roofing, plumbing, and industrial machinery.
- Tin Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Published Date: 2016-03-08128 Pages
Tin, a part of the carbon family, shares chemical similarities with germanium and lead. It is highly malleable and ductile and is capable of being transformed into thin sheet. Tin is unaffected by oxygen and water at room temperatures. It does not corrode or rust easily; hence, tin can be used as a coating material to protect other metals.
- Expanded Perlite Market for Construction Products, Fillers, Horticultural Aggregates, Filtration & Process Aids and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Published Date: 2015-07-29101 Pages
Expanded perlite is the processed form of perlite mineral. Perlite is a volcanic siliceous mineral with a glass-like appearance. End-products manufactured from expanded perlite are used in several industries including construction, automotive, horticulture, beverages, personal care, and chemicals.
- Inorganic Metal Finishing Market (Product Type - Pretreatment/Surface Preparation, Inorganic Metal Finishing Process, and Consumables and Spares; Application - Automotive, Electrical and Electronics, Industrial, Hardware, and Defense) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2015-01-0691 Pages
Demand for inorganic metal finishing is primarily led by growth in automotive and steel industries across the globe. Asia Pacific dominates the global market for inorganic metal finishing technology. This report by Transparency Market Research analyzes, estimates and forecasts the demand for inorganic metal finishing on a global and regional level for a six-year period from 2014 to 2020.
- Aluminum Alloys Market for Transportation, Construction, Packaging, Machinery, Electrical and Other End-users - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-12-0283 Pages
The report analyzes and forecasts the market for aluminum alloys on the global and regional level. Market has been forecast based on volume (kilo tons) and revenue (US$ Mn) from 2014 to 2020. The study includes drivers and restraints of the global aluminum alloys market. It also covers the impact of these drivers and restraints on demand for aluminum alloys during the forecast period.
- Boron Compounds (Borax, Boric Acid and Others) Market for Borosilicate Glass, Fiberglass, Agriculture, Ceramics, Detergents & Soaps and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-11-2689 Pages
Boron compounds are extremely valuable and versatile. They are used in a wide range of end-user industries. Boron compounds can be divided into three product segments: borax, boric acid and others. Applications of boron compounds range from borosilicate glass to usage in fiberglass, ceramics, agriculture and soaps & detergents.
- Powder Metallurgy Market (Ferrous, Non-ferrous and Others) for Automotive, Electrical and Electronics, Industrial and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-10-1390 Pages
Demand for powder metallurgy is primarily led by growth in the automotive industry and cost effectiveness of the technology across the globe. Asia Pacific dominates the global market for powder metallurgy. This report by Transparency Market Research analyzes, estimates and forecasts the demand for powder metallurgy on a global and regional level for a six-year period from 2014 to 2020 in terms of volume and revenue.
- Attapulgite (Colloidal and Sorptive) Market for Cat Litter Absorbent, Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Paints & Coatings, Medical & Pharmaceutical and Other End-use Industries - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-10-0886 Pages
Increase in drilling activities coupled with growing demand for cat litter absorbents in developed countries is expected to drive the global attapulgite market between 2014 and 2020. Attapulgite is a naturally occurring clay mineral that belongs to the fuller’s earth family of minerals. It is a crystalline hydrated magnesium aluminosilicate that consists of three-dimensional chain structures, which gives it unique sorptive and colloidal properties.
- Global Ferroalloy Market (Ferrochrome, Ferromanganese, Ferrosilicon and Others) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-07-2972 Pages
Growth in construction and automobile industries is expected to boost the overall demand for steel. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the global ferroalloy market between 2014 and 2020. Ferroalloys are iron alloys that contain chromium, manganese, silicon or other elements in varying proportions. Ferroalloys are primarily used by the steel industry.
- High Performance Alloys Market (Non-ferrous Alloys, Platinum Group Metal Alloys, Refractory Metal Alloys and Superalloys) for Aerospace, Industrial Gas Turbines, Industrial, Automotives, Oil & Gas, Electronic & Electrical and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-07-1794 Pages
High performance alloys exhibit excellent mechanical strength, good surface stability and superlative corrosion and oxidation resistance. High performance alloys exhibit excellent mechanical strength and high resistance to creep at high temperatures. In addition, they provide good surface stability and corrosion and oxidation resistance.
- Potassium Chloride Market for Fertilizers, Pharmaceuticals, Industrial and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Published Date: 2014-05-1579 Pages
Potassium chloride is a metal halide salt composed of chlorine and potassium. It is also known as “Muriate of Potash”, a term which is primarily used in association with its use as a fertilizer. Potash is the most widely used potassium fertilizer and varies in color from red or pink to white depending upon the recovery and mining process used. Other uses of potassium chloride include pharmaceuticals, water treatment chemicals, animal feeds and consumer food products.
- Kaolin (For Paper, Ceramics, Paints & adhesives, Fiberglass, Rubber, Plastics, Cement and Other Applications) & Metakaolin (For Concrete, Mortar and Other Applications) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Published Date: 2014-04-25101 Pages
Kaolin is rich in kaolinite and is a fine clay utilized in paper making, ceramics, etc. On the other hand, metakaolin is derived from kaolin and is a dehydroxylated form of kaolinite. The utilization of metakaolin in cement helps in the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions in the surrounding area and thus it is an eco-friendly substitute.
- Calcium Carbonate Market (Product - Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC) and Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC); Application - Paper, Plastic, Building & Construction, Pharmaceutical, and Agriculture) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2013 - 2019
Published Date: 2014-03-28102 Pages
The global market for calcium carbonate draws much of its growth from its rising application in the paper as well as plastic industry. The increasing demand for calcium carbonate from the building and construction industry has also been fueling this worldwide market to a great extent.
- Rare Earth Metals Market (Lanthanum, Cerium, Neodymium, Europium, Yttrium, Scandium, Terbium & Other Key Elements) -Global Industry Analysis, Applications (Magnets, Catalysts, Metallurgy, Phosphors, Ceramics & Others), Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2012 - 2018
Published Date: 2013-03-19108 Pages
China’s influence over the global rare earth metals market is unlikely to weaken through 2018 as the country boasts the highest reserves of rare earth metals. Although countries such as Russia, India, Australia, and the United States also have substantial reserves of rare earth metals, China leads by a wide margin. This will cause an appreciable portion of all commercial and trading activity in the rare earth metals market to be concentrated in China, states Transparency Market Research (TMR). This projection is substantiated by the estimate that China singlehandedly accounts for over 95% of all rare earth metals produced globally.
Displaying (15) Records
- Sheet Metal Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Sheet metal is a form of metal manufactured though a process that transforms the metal into flat pieces or thin sheets of metal. This type of sheet can be bent and cut into various size and shapes. It is mostly used in metalworking application. Large numbers of objects are manufactured in the automobile, aerospace, and steel industries using sheet metal every day. Extremely thin sheet is known as leaf or foil. Sheets with thickness of more than 6 mm are known as plates.
- Steel Cords Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Steel cord is a fine strand of several steel wires, which are made of superior, high-carbon steel with the surface plated with brass. Steel cords are primarily applied in car tires, light truck tires, cargo truck tires, heavy equipment tires, plane tires, and other rubber framework materials. Adhesion of a steel cord to rubber is possible through brass coating of the wire, coating that reacts chemically with sulfur of the tire rubber. Modern tire manufacturing technology involves the use of tire in the form of thin wires as a reinforcement in the areas of extreme stress.
- Iron & Steel Casting Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Iron & steel casting is a phenomenon that takes place in a foundry, wherein molten iron is poured into a vessel or cast to create a desired shape. Cast materials are usually metals or cold setting materials such as concrete, epoxy, plaster, clay, ceramic or iron in which molten fluid is poured to get various shapes and sizes. Iron & steel castings are used in the production of various intermediate products, which are employed in various application industries.
- Metal Coatings Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Environmental concerns regarding the use of plastic have become much more pronounced over the last few years. This is prompting various end-user industries to replace polyethylene terephthalate (PET) with environmentally safer alternatives for applications such as coatings, thereby paving way for the use of metal coatings. The global metal coatings market is gaining significant traction owing to their superior properties such as malleability, high adhesion, thermal protection, wear resistance, color, and optical properties.
- Steel Processing Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2024
The application of steel and related products is currently increasing in our daily life. Due to its high mechanical properties such as strength, ductility and weldability, steel is widely used in construction of building and rails, automobiles and ships. Steel is produced through combination of iron, alloy and carbon melting together under right proportion. Steel can be classified as alloy and carbon steel according to material properties.
- Tungsten Oxide Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2023
Tungsten has several oxidation states and oxides. Each tungsten oxide has a specific characteristic and feature. Tungsten (III) oxide is grown as a thin film by atomic layer deposition at temperatures ranging from 130 to 250 degree Celsius using a precursor compound. Tungsten (IV) dioxide is a bronze-colored solid with chemical formula WO2.
- Mining Metals Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
The mining industry contributes significantly toward the economic and industrial growth of a nation. Major mining metals include lead, copper, tin, zinc, nickel, cobalt, and aluminum. Gold, platinum, palladium, and silver are among the precious mining metals. The global mining metals market has been among the fastest growing. However, in recent years, the market has witnessed slow growth due to the economic slowdown across nations.
- Structural Health Monitoring Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2023
Structural health monitoring is an important tool for engineers to assess the safety of critical architectural structures. Structural health monitoring systems comprise of a number of sensing technologies with an integrated measurement controller to capture and analyze a vast amount of real-time data. These systems are designed to monitor as well as test the health and performance of structures such as buildings and stadiums, bridges and dams, air frames, wind turbines, vessels and platforms, and large machinery and equipment.
- Stainless Steel Round Bar Market: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 – 2024
The swift growth in the automotive sector owing to the increasing vehicle production is predicted to fuel the stainless steel round bar market. Within the industry of construction, stainless steel round bars are highly utilized in structural parts that are exposed to bridge pins, tie rods, heavy load, and other load transfer devices. The rising penetration of stainless steel (SS) round bars within the construction industry is stimulating the development of the global stainless steel round bar market.
- Cobalt Powder Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Cobalt is a hard, grey metal and is generally found in association with nickel in the Earth's crust. Cobalt has many industrial uses due to its unique properties such as retaining its strength at a high temperature, high melting point (1493°C), high thermo-stability, being ferromagnetic, and being multivalent. All these properties of cobalt make it effective for enhancing catalytic action.
- Barium Oxide Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2023
Barium oxide is a hygroscopic compound majorly used for ceramic coating, glass, optical applications. It is a non flammable compound prepared by heating barium carbonate with coke, carbon black or tar. Other method by which barium oxide can be produced is by thermal decomposition of barium nitrate. It is cubical in structure.
- Boron Ore Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Boron is a chemical element with atomic number 5 and symbol B. Boron is said to be a low abundance element in both the Earth’s crust and solar system, as it is produced directly by cosmic ray spallation and not by stellar nucleosynthesis. Boron is concentrated on Earth owing to water solubility of the naturally occurring compounds such as borate minerals.
- Gold Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Gold is a precious metal which is highly ductile and malleable. As a result of this, it is used for making jewelry and for investment purpose across the globe. Due to the escalating prices of gold, it is at present being oversold in the bearish market. In times of high inflation, currency fluctuations, and geopolitical crisis, gold is considered to be the safest investment. In countries such as Ukraine, Syria, Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia, gold is sold lower than its actual cost due to geopolitical strife and rebellion in these countries.
- Tantalum Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2019
Tantalum is a hard, bluish grey, transition metal. Previously it was known as tantalium and is a rare earth metal. It is characterized by its incredibly high melting point which is bettered only by tungsten, rhenium, osmium and carbon. Tantalum along with similar metals such as Neobium, can be found in minerals such as coltan, columbite and tantalite.
- Potassium Hydroxide Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Potassium hydroxide, popularly known as caustic potash, is a liquid inorganic compound made by employing potassium and sodium hydroxide. Potassium hydroxide is used in several applications such as fertilizers, petroleum refining, precursors, and soaps. The fertilizer application segment has emerged dominant in the consumption of potassium hydroxide and it is expected that the trend will continue over the forthcoming years.
- Barium Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
The growing usage of barium is strictly attributable to the exceptionally high level of chemical reactivity. Owing to this characteristics, the derivatives of this chemical element is extensively used for making metal alloys, drilling fluid in oil wells, inks, plastics, paints and varnishes, vacuum tubes, and rubbers. The commonly used derivatives of barium are barium sulfate, barium oxide, barium chloride, barium titanate, barium nitrate, and barium carbonate.
- Zirconium Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2024
The global zirconium market, at present has been recovering from the waning, which it faced in the last few years. With the rising number of applications, the global zirconium market is expected to witness healthy growth throughout the forecast period. The rising focus of key players on new product development and innovations is likely to contribute extensively towards the development of the overall market in the next few years. The growing awareness regarding the benefits of zirconium is another factor projected to supplement the growth of the overall market in the coming years.
- Industrial Clay Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Industrial clay is a chemical composition of minerals, metal oxides, and organic traces, which is widely acknowledged due to its property of staying rigid and hard even at extreme temperatures. The growing trend of 3D printing is boosting the demand for industrial clay as it is being increasingly used for designing 3D models of automobiles and consumer electronics. Kaolin minerals, bentonite, and palygorskite-sepiolite are some of the commonly used industrial clays. They are used in industries such as rubbers, catalysts, ceramics, refractories, cement, and paints.
- Cobalt Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016-2024
The application of cobalt in the industrial sector is in the form of a compound and it is rarely used as a free element. The key applications of cobalt are life sciences, binder materials, orthopedics, magnets, thermal spray coatings, water resistant alloys, super alloys, and reusable energy storage systems. Among all the application segments, reusable energy systems emerged dominant and are likely to retain a lead in the global cobalt market over the forecast period.
- Phosphorus Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Phosphorous is a chemical element whose derivatives find application in several industries such as detergents, water treatment, flame retardants, batteries, chemical intermediates, and fertilizers among others. Although phosphorus has many allotropic forms, the ones which hold a commercial significance are white and red phosphorus. The chief industry which has exhibited a great desire for metal-based phosphates is the fertilizer industry for the purpose of increasing the production of crops. The derivatives of phosphorous which are used extensively across several sectors are phosphorous chloride, phosphoric acid, industrial phosphates, and phosphorous penta-oxide.
- Boron Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Boron, as a raw material, is used by major industries such as agriculture, glass, building and construction, detergents, ceramics, and pharmaceuticals. In day-to-day products, boron finds application as composites used in car body panels, in LCD screens, in insulation grade materials and in glass wool for loft insulation.
- Bentonite Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Bentonite is rising in popularity among industries as internal and external cleansers. With the demand from industries such as cosmetic, pharmaceutical, surfactants, and food rising at a rapid pace, growth witnessed by the global bentonite market is expected to remain steady through the course of the forecast period.
- Medical Ceramics Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
A variety of bioceramics, materials especially developed for medical and dental applications, are finding a wide ranging set of applications across a number of medical fields. The biocompatibility of these medical ceramics makes them highly usable in prosthetics, surgical implants, and a number of invasive medical devices and tools. A number of medical ceramics have been approved for use across these and a variety of other applications by several national and international regulatory bodies such as the U.S. FDA.
- Nanoparticle Titanium Dioxide (Tio2) Market - Global Industry Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, And Forecasts 2016 - 2024
The global nanoparticle titanium dioxide industry is a niche market and the demand for these materials is expected to gain a strong momentum in the coming years. The demand will especially arise from industries such as plastics, paints and pigments, printing inks, catalysts, paper, cosmetics, and glass. The demand for nanoparticle titanium dioxide is estimated to be more from Asia Pacific.
- Ceramic Fiber Market - Global And China Forecast, Share, Size, Growth And Industry Analysis (2010 - 2017)
Products such as board, paper, textile among others, made by ceramic fiber consume less energy and reduce production cost. These products can also withstand very high temperatures and corrosive environments. Thus the demand for ceramic fiber is on a constant rise in industries such as petrochemicals, iron, steel, aluminum and others.
Displaying (25) Records