Investors have kept away from the metals and minerals sector in the last couple of years as the short term outlook of the industry has failed to inspire confidence. Metal prices are falling and yet, demand has remained surprisingly below expected levels. These factors have translated to a lackluster performance of the global metals and minerals industry.
However, experts are strongly of the opinion that the global metals and minerals industry outlook in the long run remains positive. This indicates that the trickle of investments in the metals and minerals sector will gradually gather force, with emerging nations receiving a substantial share of these investments. The demand and prices of metals such as gold, silver, copper, steel, aluminum, and iron are the key indicators of the performance of the global metals and minerals industry. However, if the metals, minerals, and mining industry is to truly reclaim lost ground, it cannot do so without achieving a certain degree of product differentiation and addressing the issue of resource scarcity.
Metals and Minerals Market Research Reports
- Silicon Metal Market (Application - Aluminum Alloys, Silicones/Silanes, Semiconductors, Solar Panels) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Published Date: 2016-07-12136 Pages
Silicon metal is derived from quartz (silicon dioxide). It is purified elemental silicon alloyed with significant quantities of other elements such as aluminum and calcium. Key applications of silicon metal include aluminum alloys, silicones/silanes, semiconductors, solar panels, and others (laboratory reagents, etc.). Growth in the building & construction industry in Asia Pacific is projected to boost the consumption of silicones.
- Copper Market (Form - Wire Rod, Plates, Sheets, and Strips, Rods, Bars, and Sections, Powder, and Tube; Application - Construction, Electrical and Electronic Products, Transportation, Industrial, and Cosmetic Products) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Published Date: 2016-03-09182 Pages
Copper is a ductile metal with high electrical and thermal conductivity. It is a versatile metal with excellent chemical, physical, and aesthetic properties. Copper can be recovered from open pit mines or through the in-situ leach process. It is primarily employed in electrical wires, roofing, plumbing, and industrial machinery.
- Tin Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Published Date: 2016-03-08128 Pages
Tin, a part of the carbon family, shares chemical similarities with germanium and lead. It is highly malleable and ductile and is capable of being transformed into thin sheet. Tin is unaffected by oxygen and water at room temperatures. It does not corrode or rust easily; hence, tin can be used as a coating material to protect other metals.
- Expanded Perlite Market for Construction Products, Fillers, Horticultural Aggregates, Filtration & Process Aids and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2015 - 2023
Published Date: 2015-07-29101 Pages
Expanded perlite is the processed form of perlite mineral. Perlite is a volcanic siliceous mineral with a glass-like appearance. End-products manufactured from expanded perlite are used in several industries including construction, automotive, horticulture, beverages, personal care, and chemicals.
- Inorganic Metal Finishing Market (Product Type - Pretreatment/Surface Preparation, Inorganic Metal Finishing Process, and Consumables and Spares; Application - Automotive, Electrical and Electronics, Industrial, Hardware, and Defense) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2015-01-0691 Pages
Demand for inorganic metal finishing is primarily led by growth in automotive and steel industries across the globe. Asia Pacific dominates the global market for inorganic metal finishing technology. This report by Transparency Market Research analyzes, estimates and forecasts the demand for inorganic metal finishing on a global and regional level for a six-year period from 2014 to 2020.
- Aluminum Alloys Market for Transportation, Construction, Packaging, Machinery, Electrical and Other End-users - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-12-0283 Pages
The report analyzes and forecasts the market for aluminum alloys on the global and regional level. Market has been forecast based on volume (kilo tons) and revenue (US$ Mn) from 2014 to 2020. The study includes drivers and restraints of the global aluminum alloys market. It also covers the impact of these drivers and restraints on demand for aluminum alloys during the forecast period.
- Boron Compounds (Borax, Boric Acid and Others) Market for Borosilicate Glass, Fiberglass, Agriculture, Ceramics, Detergents & Soaps and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-11-2689 Pages
Boron compounds are extremely valuable and versatile. They are used in a wide range of end-user industries. Boron compounds can be divided into three product segments: borax, boric acid and others. Applications of boron compounds range from borosilicate glass to usage in fiberglass, ceramics, agriculture and soaps & detergents.
- Powder Metallurgy Market (Ferrous, Non-ferrous and Others) for Automotive, Electrical and Electronics, Industrial and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-10-1390 Pages
Demand for powder metallurgy is primarily led by growth in the automotive industry and cost effectiveness of the technology across the globe. Asia Pacific dominates the global market for powder metallurgy. This report by Transparency Market Research analyzes, estimates and forecasts the demand for powder metallurgy on a global and regional level for a six-year period from 2014 to 2020 in terms of volume and revenue.
- Attapulgite (Colloidal and Sorptive) Market for Cat Litter Absorbent, Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Paints & Coatings, Medical & Pharmaceutical and Other End-use Industries - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-10-0886 Pages
Increase in drilling activities coupled with growing demand for cat litter absorbents in developed countries is expected to drive the global attapulgite market between 2014 and 2020. Attapulgite is a naturally occurring clay mineral that belongs to the fuller’s earth family of minerals. It is a crystalline hydrated magnesium aluminosilicate that consists of three-dimensional chain structures, which gives it unique sorptive and colloidal properties.
- Global Ferroalloy Market (Product - Ferrochrome, Ferromanganese, and Ferrosilicon) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-07-2972 Pages
Growth in construction and automobile industries is expected to boost the overall demand for steel. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the global ferroalloy market between 2014 and 2020. Ferroalloys are iron alloys that contain chromium, manganese, silicon or other elements in varying proportions. Ferroalloys are primarily used by the steel industry.
- High Performance Alloys Market (Non-ferrous Alloys, Platinum Group Metal Alloys, Refractory Metal Alloys and Superalloys) for Aerospace, Industrial Gas Turbines, Industrial, Automotives, Oil & Gas, Electronic & Electrical and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020
Published Date: 2014-07-1794 Pages
High performance alloys exhibit excellent mechanical strength, good surface stability and superlative corrosion and oxidation resistance. High performance alloys exhibit excellent mechanical strength and high resistance to creep at high temperatures. In addition, they provide good surface stability and corrosion and oxidation resistance.
- Potassium Chloride Market for Fertilizers, Pharmaceuticals, Industrial and Other Applications - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Published Date: 2014-05-1579 Pages
Potassium chloride is a metal halide salt composed of chlorine and potassium. It is also known as “Muriate of Potash”, a term which is primarily used in association with its use as a fertilizer. Potash is the most widely used potassium fertilizer and varies in color from red or pink to white depending upon the recovery and mining process used. Other uses of potassium chloride include pharmaceuticals, water treatment chemicals, animal feeds and consumer food products.
- Kaolin (For Paper, Ceramics, Paints & adhesives, Fiberglass, Rubber, Plastics, Cement and Other Applications) & Metakaolin (For Concrete, Mortar and Other Applications) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Published Date: 2014-04-25101 Pages
Kaolin is rich in kaolinite and is a fine clay utilized in paper making, ceramics, etc. On the other hand, metakaolin is derived from kaolin and is a dehydroxylated form of kaolinite. The utilization of metakaolin in cement helps in the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions in the surrounding area and thus it is an eco-friendly substitute.
- Calcium Carbonate Market (Product - Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC) and Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC) Application - Paper, Plastic, Building & Construction, Pharmaceutical, and Agriculture) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2013-2019
Published Date: 2014-03-28102 Pages
The global market for calcium carbonate draws much of its growth from its rising application in the paper as well as plastic industry. The increasing demand for calcium carbonate from the building and construction industry has also been fueling this worldwide market to a great extent.
- Rare Earth Metals Market (Lanthanum, Cerium, Neodymium, Europium, Yttrium, Scandium, Terbium & Other Key Elements) -Global Industry Analysis, Applications (Magnets, Catalysts, Metallurgy, Phosphors, Ceramics & Others), Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2012 - 2018
Published Date: 2013-03-19108 Pages
China’s influence over the global rare earth metals market is unlikely to weaken through 2018 as the country boasts the highest reserves of rare earth metals. Although countries such as Russia, India, Australia, and the United States also have substantial reserves of rare earth metals, China leads by a wide margin. This will cause an appreciable portion of all commercial and trading activity in the rare earth metals market to be concentrated in China, states Transparency Market Research (TMR). This projection is substantiated by the estimate that China singlehandedly accounts for over 95% of all rare earth metals produced globally.
Displaying (15) Records