Metal Cans Market: Overview
Metal Cans are type of metal packaging systems initially introduced in the beginning of nineteenth century, for packaging of wine, but its scope of application has now expanded into various end-use commodity packing purposes such as edible food & beverage items, chemicals, oil etc. Metal Cans are generally made up of materials such as steel, aluminum, and tin and contributes more than one third of the overall metal packaging market. The major advantages of Metal Cans are that they are 100% recyclable without the loss of its quality and sturdiness. The recycle rate of metal can packaging has been two and half times more than any other packaging solution. Another advantage of recycling of Metal Cans is that it reduces CO2 use thereby reducing the parent material usage.
Metal Cans Market: Dynamics
The Metal Cans market is prominently propelled by its growing use in food and beverage packaging, especially used in packaging of aerated and non-aerated beverages. The increased personal products portfolio and its usage will naturally augment the packaging market as well. The consumer demand for lightweight packaging, increasing heath awareness regarding use of non-carcinogenic packaging materials, is creating high growth opportunities for the metal cans market. However, the increasing replacement potential of polymer based packaging material such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polyethylene packaging is expected to dent the market share of metal cans in the overall packaging market, over the forecast period.
The inception of new companies among beverage and personal care products industry along with innovative packaging offerings are growth drivers of the metal cans market.
Metal Cans Market: Segmentation
Global metal cans market segmented on the basis of Material Type
Global metal cans market segmented on the basis of Can Fabrication Type
- Two Piece Metal Can
- Three Piece Metal Can
Global metal cans market segmented on the basis of on the basis of application
- Food & Beverage
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non–Alcoholic Beverages (Aerated and Non-Aerated Beverages)
- Processed Dairy Food Products
- Other Processed Food Products
- Edible Oil
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Personal Care and Cosmetic Products
- Industrial Chemicals (Solvents, Dyes, Paints, Lubricants, etc.)
Metal Cans Market: Regional Overview
The global metal cans market has been divided into seven key geographical regions which includes, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. The Western Europe and North America dominates the global metal cans market due its high consumption in food and beverage industry. However these region anticipated to register sluggish growth due to availability of alternative packaging. Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at higher rate. Growth in the region is propelled by rapidly increasing consumption of end use industries. The Asia Pacific region has been influenced by setting up of new manufacturing facilities from leading global OEMs owing to availability of raw materials at cheap prices and government initiatives to promote investment measures especially countries like South East Asian countries. Latin America, Middle East and Africa also significantly contributes to the metal cans market. The best example of this fact is that Brazil being Numero Uno position of producer and exporter of orange juice in the world, mainly endorses metal cans for its packaging process proving as a lucrative market for the same.
Metal Cans Market: Key Market Players
Some of the key players in the global metal cans market are
- Rexam PLC
- Silgan Containers LLC
- Kian Joo Can Factory Berhad
- Independent Can Company
- Trinity Holdings
- Berlin Packaging Company
- Crown Holdings, Inc.
- SKS Bottle & Packaging, Inc.
- Caira Can Company Limited
- The Cary Company
- Ball Corporation
- Allstate Can Corporation
- Can Smart(PTY) LTD
- AlliedCans Limited
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Proposition Analysis
- Cost and Price Point Analysis
- Consumer Performance Analysis
- List of Prominent By Region
- Replacement Potential of Plastic Packaging over Metal Packaging
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, NORDIC countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Turkey, South Africa, North Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth insights, understanding market evolution by tracking historical developments, and analyzing the present scenario and future projections based on optimistic and likely scenarios. Each research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology developments, types, applications, and the competitive landscape.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Key market segments and sub-segments
- Evolving market trends and dynamics
- Changing supply and demand scenarios
- Quantifying market opportunities through market sizing and market forecasting
- Tracking current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive insights
- Opportunity mapping in terms of technological breakthroughs
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
TMR estimates the market size of various sectors using a combination of available data on the number and revenue of companies within each sub-sector and tiers of companies. The basic components used to determine market size and forecast for a specific product area are not only limited to supply-side data, but are also related to demand, industry trends, and the economic outlook. All the above data points are utilized to generate a statistical model targeting the sector marketplace. More than 300 TMR analysts across the world integrate these elements into a framework to determine the subsector market size for a base year and then forecast growth within each market.
TMR regularly interviews technology and business professionals as an ongoing effort to track the latest developments within each sector. These continuous surveys are stratified by company size and industry segment and weighted to reflect the global market place. All data are collected on an ongoing effort through a structured questionnaire rolled over the web or conducted via telephones. This provides the TMR team opportunities to request for detailed question sets, complex skip patterns, and real-time calculations, which assists respondents in answering questions involving numbers and percentages. Respondents, who are interviewed as experts, are screened and qualified based on certain criteria in addition to their decision-making authority and the scope of activity within their organizations.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.