A mental disorder is a psychological anomaly that is reflected in the behavior of the patient through distress, disability or any conduct that is not a part of a person’s normal mental development. The causes of mental disorders are varied in nature and many are also unclear. Psychiatric medication and psychotherapy are the two modes of treatment for mental disorder. In psychiatric medication drug classes such as antidepressants, anxiolytics, and antipsychotics are most commonly used.
Improvement in patient security policy, growth in domestic and foreign investment in the field of mental medication, and increase in the prevalence and the related awareness about mental health are the major drivers for the global mental disorders drugs market. However, skepticism about social pressure regarding mental diseases and their treatment, especially in less advanced countries, and the lack of government initiatives in such locations may hold back the growth of this market.
The overall mental disorders drugs market can be classified on the basis of the mental drugs such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, drugs for schizophrenia, drugs for childhood and adolescent mental illness, and drugs for the treatment of substance and alcohol addiction, bipolar disease drugs, and others.
North America is the largest market for mental disorders drugs. Factors such as increasing government initiatives, better reimbursement policies, and general awareness about mental health and treatment are responsible for the growth of this market in this region. An increase in the awareness about the efficacy of mental disorders’ drugs and growth in the related clinical evidence will assist in the rapid growth of this market in Asia-Pacific. The major players in the mental disorders drugs market include pharmaceutical manufacturers such as Eli Lilly, AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments