Meningitis diagnostic testing includes the laboratory tests and imaging studies used to detect the presence of meningitis. Meningitis is a medical condition involving inflammation of the meninges which may be caused by several factors such as bacterial or viral infection.In rare cases, it may be caused due tothe use of certain drugs such as amoxicillin, azathioprine and methotrexate. The market for meningitis diagnostics testing is growing day by day owing to increased chances of infection due to increase in the life expectancy of people across the globe.
The global meningitis diagnostic testing market can be segmented on the basis of the source of infection and the tests used for the diagnosis. According to the etiology of meningitis, the meningitis diagnostic tests are categorized as bacterial meningitis test, viral meningitis test and fungal meningitis test. The types of meningitis diagnostic tests include blood tests, culture tests, lumbar puncture (spinal tap) test, computed tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging test. Some of the other novel test typesinclude molecular diagnostics, monoclonal antibodies and immunoassays.
Geographically, the global meningitis diagnostic testing market is segmented into four major regions, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. In emerging economies of the world, which includes countries in Asia and Africa, meningitis diagnostic tests such as culture test, CT and MRI forms the major share .Thesediagnostic tests requires longer waiting time for the results. Therefore, development and distribution of innovative and novel tests such as molecular diagnostics and immunoassay is expected to drive the market for meningitis diagnostic tests in the near future. The market for meningitis diagnostic testing is very much established in the developed parts of the world such as the U.S.A., Europe, Japan and Australia and therefore, the demand for advanced, rapid and novel meningitis diagnostic testing is more in this region.
Some of the key players in this market are Abbott Laboratories, Inc.,Affymetrix, Inc., Beckman Coulter, Inc., BD Company (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Diamedix Corporation (subsidiary of IVAX Diagnostics, Inc.), DiaSorinS.p.A., FujirebioDiagnostics, Inc., Gen-Probe, Inc., Hologic, Inc.,Novartis Diagnostics and Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments