Marine grease is employed as lubricants in the shipping industry. Animal oil, vegetable oil or crude oil and several other chemicals are used as raw materials for the production of marine grease. Marine grease helps in reducing friction between mechanical components of a ship thus improving the overall efficiency of the ship. Increasing globalization of companies leading to increase in demand for shipping has been a major driver for marine grease market growth. Growing defense budget of countries across the globe also has been a major growth factor for the marine grease industry. Various hazards associated with spillage of marine grease in water bodies have led to stringent environmental regulations in the marine grease market which has been a major restraint for market growth. Major companies in the marine grease market are shifting their focus to various non hazardous substitutes for increasing acceptance of their product and to meet the stringent regulations. Mineral and vegetable oil based marine grease are expected to offer huge growth opportunity for the market.
Europe dominates the global demand for marine grease and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region for the next six years primarily owing to the emerging economies of India and China. Increasing industrial investments and growth in defense budgets are expected to be major factors driving growth in the Asia Pacific region. Demand for marine grease in Europe and North America is expected to grow at a sluggish rate mainly owing to the presence of stringent environmental regulations. Emerging economies in Latin America and Africa are expected to drive growth in the RoW segment.
Some of the major players in the marine grease market include Total Lubricants, Chevron, Royal Dutch Shell, ExxonMobil and BP Marine Castrol among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments