Packaging is a key element for luxury brands as it has a major role in identification and setting a brand value. The luxury brand manufacturers are strategically investing in packaging to enhance the brand image. The luxury packaging can be broadly classified as high street and pure luxury packaging based on the price of the product. Pure luxury packaging focuses more on the target audience while designing the packaging. In this case, each brand adopts a unique style of packaging. High street packaging focuses on the price of packaging and follows a particular trend such as use of lightweight and durable designs. Luxury product manufacturers are inclined towards sustainable development and hence are investing in biodegradable and environment-friendly packaging. Shredhouse, a UK-based supplier of luxury packaging material, has launched shredded paper made from recycled coffee cup paper. The coffee cup paper is manufactured by recycling the coffee cups, which are single-used. Arjowiggins Graphic, a French recycled papers manufacturing company, has manufactured recycled papers suitable for luxury packaging, which contains 60% to 100% recycled paper.
Luxury Packaging Market: Drivers and Restraints
The luxury products market is expected to exhibit high CAGR during the forecast period, which is the major driver for the growth of global luxury packaging market. The increase in the number of product launches in fashion and cosmetic sector is anticipated to boost the growth of global luxury packaging market. The investments by luxury product manufacturers in sustainable development drives the need for innovation and technologies in luxury packaging, which is anticipated to boost the growth of global luxury packaging market. The rise in penetration of online retail and travel retail also contributed the growth of global luxury packaging market.
Luxury Packaging Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global luxury packaging market can be segmented as follows:-
- Rigid Box
On the basis of packaging product, the global luxury packaging market can be segmented as follows:-
- Fashion and Eyewear
- Wine and Alcohol
- Pastries and Sweets
On the basis of end users, the global luxury packaging market can be segmented as follows:-
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Retail and Consumer Products Industry
Luxury Packaging Market: Region Wise Outlook
The global luxury packaging market can be divided into five regions, namely North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC) and Middle East & Africa (MEA). North America holds major share in global luxury packaging market due to increase in sales of personal luxury products in the region. Europe holds the second position in global luxury packaging market due to increase in tourists spending on luxury product in the region. There is an increase in number of flagship stores and online sales in Europe, which is anticipated to exhibit significant share in global luxury packaging market. APAC is expected to register high CAGR during the forecast period due to the increase in consumer spending in China, Japan and ASEAN. Chinese consumers have significant share in luxury spending and the euro depreciation is anticipated to fuel the luxury packaging market in the country. MEA is expected to register moderate CAGR during the forecast period because of expansion by global luxury manufacturers in the region.
Luxury Packaging Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the global luxury packaging market are as follows:
- MW Creative Ltd.
- Progress Packaging
- Design Packaging, Inc.
- HH Deluxe Packaging
- WINTER&COMPANY AG
- Ekol Ofset
- DS Smith
- Lucas Luxury Packaging
- Pendragon Presentation Packaging Ltd.
- Elegant Packaging
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (EU5 Countries, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- APAC (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Japan)
- MEA (GCC Countries, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.