A hybrid vehicle is the combination of traditional engines and electric vehicles. They use features of both traditional and electric systems to reduce the emission levels of gases. Traditional engines, which run on fuels such as diesel and gasoline, are scarce and they emit a variety of gases such as carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, etc. Currently, the market is dominated by traditional engine based vehicles with several manufacturers and suppliers, which has resulted in faster consumption of fossil fuels and increased emission levels. Regulatory bodies and auto manufacturers are trying to develop a hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) which will work as an alternate to fossil fuel based vehicles, which is expected to aid in market growth.
The low emission vehicle market is segmented based on level of hybridization as follows,
- Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle (FHEV)
- Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV)
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
- Pure Electric Vehicle (EV or BEV)
Full hybrid electric vehicles are expected to remain market leaders, due to increased awareness of emission levels as well as government restraints. It is expected that the market for FHEVs and BEVs will grow at a faster pace.
There are a variety of batteries used in low emission vehicles, such as,
- Lead Acid Battery
- Nickel Cadmium Battery
- Metal Hydride Battery
- Lithium Ion Battery
The global increase in fuel prices, government restraints on emission levels, availability of FHEVs, and continuous technology improvement are the drivers for this market. Lack of funds for research, lack of resources, high initial vehicle costs are a few restraints. Some of major players in this industry are Honda, Ford Motors, Honeywell International Inc, KIA Motors, General Motors, ISUZU motors, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Renault, Toyota, and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.