The era of development is leading to a hazardous increase in environmental pollution, which is giving birth to a number of chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and COPD and is resulting in both physical and psychological suffering for the patients. The global market for inhalation systems is growing rapidly because of increasing respiratory problems and is expected to have a high growth rate during the period from 2012 to 2018. The United States and Europe hold the maximum market share because these are industrialized countries with more environmental pollution.
Some of the key drivers of this market are industrialization which leads to pollution and chronic respiratory problems, easy-to-use inhalation devices available in market, faster delivery, a bigger area for absorbing, cost effectiveness, and technological advancements. Some of the factors restraining the growth are difficulty in standardizing dosages for patients, and technical issues in designing inhalers. The market can be segmented on the basis of inhalation products into metered dose inhalers, dry powder inhalers, and liquid droplet inhalers and nebulizers.
Metered dose inhalers (MDI) use pressurized gas to release the dose when they are activated by the patient. MDIs constitute the largest market share among inhalation systems. Dry powder inhalers are used for treating cystic fibrosis, a life threatening lung disease. It constitutes the second largest product segment in the inhalation systems market. North America and Europe currently lead the market for inhalation systems followed by Asia-Pacific and Africa, but the market is expected to expand rapidly in Asia and Africa due to an increase in diabetic patients.
Some of the key companies in this sector are Mankind, Akela Pharma (Canada), Alkermes, AOP Orphan Pharmaceuticals, DEY L.P. (USA), Consort Medical PLC (UK), Alpharx Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc (UK) and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments