Hydrocracking process is used in the refinery for the conversion of heavy oil feedstock into high quality lighter fuel products such as gasoline, naptha, kerosene and diesel. It is a two step process. In the first step, polyaromatic compounds such as sulphur and organic nitrogen are converted to hydrogen sulphide and ammonia. The organic nitrogen present in the feedstock would otherwise hinder the activity of cracking catalyst. In second step, high molecular weight hydrocarbons are cracked first in comparison to other hydrocarbons. The product yield and properties are determined by the type of feedstock, the process conditions and the cracking catalyst selectivity. Various types of feedstock are processed in hydrocrackers, including vacuum gas oils, atmospheric gas oils, deasphalted oil and thermally cracked gas oils.
Hydrocrackers are typically classified such as single stage, two stage and series flow. In single stage hydrocrackers, catalysts are present in a single stage. A single catalyst or a stack bed arrangement of two different catalysts might be used in a single stage hydrocracker. Two stage hydrocracker carries out product separation that removes NH3 and H2S, so that hydrocracking catalyst is expose to the minimum level of these gases.
Some of the major drivers of the hydrocracking market are increasing demand of middle distillates and gasoline, ability to convert various types of feedstock oils and no coke production. However, high cost of the hydrocracking process can hinder the growth of the market. Ample opportunities lie for hydrocracking process as demand for petroleum products is increasing at a rapid rate.
Some of the technology licensors of hydrocracker units are Axens, CB&I Company, Chevron Lummus Global, Exxon Mobil, Flour Corporation, KBR Inc, Shell Global Solutions and UOP among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments