Human Papillomaviruses (HPV) are members of papillomaviridae family a group of more than 150 related viruses. These are specifically known as papillomaviruses because of some of its types give rise to a wart or papilloma which are benign growths. Some of them are also associated with certain cancers and known as carcinogenic HPVs. More than 40 types of HPV viruses are easily transferred from one person to another by sexual contact anal and oral. Ithas estimated worldwide prevalence of HPV induced cancer in approximately 12-13%. Cervical cancer is the second largest cause of cancer deaths in women worldwide.According to World Health Organization it has been estimated that globally 510,000 cases per year and about 288,000 deaths occur due to cervical cancer.
Currently, two U.S. FDA approved vaccines are commercially available namely Gardasil (Merck & Co., Inc.) and Cervarix (GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.) for the treatment of HPV infections.The HPV therapeutic vaccines market is at a nascent stage and it would take approximately couple of decades to implement mass vaccination for preventingcervical cancer incidences. Gardasil is a quadrivalent vaccine and targets four HPV types (6, 11, 16 and 18) while Cervarix is bivalent vaccine and targets on two HPV types (16 and 18). It has been observed that neither of these HPV vaccines have been proven to provide complete protection against tenacious infections with other types of HPVs.
HPV therapeutic vaccines market is the most potential market as the annual worldwide incidences for cervical cancer is almost 0.5 million and for cancers of vulva and vagina its 40,000. In addition, to this annual incidence for high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) the precancerous condition of cervical cancer is almost 0.5 million globally. Thus, according to International Agency for Research and Cancer predicts the rate of HPV related cancer cases to rise 40% in near future. North America and Europe are major markets as the governments from major countries of these regions have publicly funded HPV vaccination.
Some of the market players in this industry segment are Merck& Co., Inc. and GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. While, ISA Pharmaceuticals (ISA101), Advaxis (Lovaxcin C), Coridon(It is funded by Allied Healthcare Group for HPV associated research) and Gentical (which is currently in the Phase III clinicaltrial)and all these products are in pipeline.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments