Green Tea Extract (EGCG) is a herbal derivative extracted from the green tea leaves. The antioxidative ingredient in green tea consist of four major epicatechin derivatives such as, epicatechin gallate (ECG) epicatechin (EC), epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), and epigallocatechin (EGC). EGCG is the most active and abundant catechin found in green tea.
The application segments of green tea extract (EGCG) include dietary supplements, RTD tea, energy drinks, functional foods, cosmetics & anti-ageing creams. EGCG is applicable for treatment of medical ailments such as HIV, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, sjögren\'s syndrome, endometriosis, spinal muscular atrophy, neurodegeneration, cannabinoid, receptor, CB1 receptor activity, periapical lesions.
The Global market of EGCG is growing at a significant rate. The trend towards ethnic foods and the shift towards natural ingredients are driving the expansion of the green tea extract market. Several researches done worldwide on the benefits of green tea extract have changed the consumer preferences to natural polyphenol, catechin supplements and herbal tea.
The market is facing cut throat competition owing to over production of raw materials. Currently the market is highly price sensitive and consumers are expecting high purity products at lower costs. China, U.S. and Western Europe are the booming markets for green tea extract (EGCG).
Increase in consumer awareness about the importance of EGCG and their positive role in hypertension and cancer therapy is driving the demand for the green tea extract in food and beverages applications and supplement industry. Increase in popularity of green tea extract EGCG among the consumers is forcing the industries to focus on targeting new applications such as bakery products, nutricosmetics and so on. In addition favorable regulatory scenario is responsible for fueling the demand for EGCG.
Renewing the focus on product differentiation and penetrating new application sectors backed up with the academic research is expected to create more opportunities in EGCG market. Moreover increase in consumer awareness about the benefits of EGCG among the emerging economies such as India, Brazil etc will open up viable opportunities for EGCG manufacturers. Some of the key participant in the global EGCG market is DSM, Tate & Lyle, Danone, BASF, Blue California, Changsha Sunfull Bio-tech Co., Ltd.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments