Geothermal Exploration is the exploration of geothermal resources that can be extracted for the purpose of electricity generation. Geothermal resource is primarily a volume of hot rock and water. Geothermal exploration program implements various techniques to identify geothermal reservoirs and information that can point to high porosity, low density and high permeability areas that can assist in defining well field development.
Geothermal exploration takes place in various phases such as Regional reconnaissance, prospect evaluation, project appraisal and exploratory drilling. Numerous drilling techniques are used in geothermal exploration depending on economic considerations, region’s geology and project maturity. Geothermal exploration are further classified based on the techniques such as data and modeling techniques, downhole techniques, drilling techniques, field techniques, geochemical techniques, geophysical techniques, lab analysis technique and remote sensing techniques. Data and modeling technique includes data acquisition, analytical modeling, numerical modeling and portfolio risk modeling.
Downhole technique comprises of borehole seismic techniques, formation testing techniques, well log techniques and well testing techniques. Drilling technique covers development drilling and exploration drilling. Field techniques involve data collection and field sampling. Geochemical techniques mainly include geochemical data analysis. Geophysical technique contains electrical techniques, gravity techniques, magnetic techniques and seismic techniques. Lab analysis technique comprises of fluid lab analysis and rock lab analysis. Remote sensing technique involves active and passive sensors.
Some of the major factors driving the growth of geothermal exploration market are increasing population and growing economies. However, high cost and the large time required to complete geothermal exploration can hinder the growth of the market. Ample opportunities are there for geothermal exploration market as demand for electricity is rising at a rapid rate.
Some of the key players in the business of geothermal exploration are Mannvit Engineering, Schlumberger Ltd, Baker Hughes Inc, Geothermal Exploration Ltd, Cluff Geothermal Ltd, Kalahari GeoEnergy Ltd, Panax Geothermal Company and Weatherford
International Ltd among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments