Freezing process helps to preserve food from the time it is prepaid to the time it is consumed. Frozen bakery products do not require any preservatives as microorganisms cannot grow when the temperature is below-9.5 °C. Carboxy methyl cellulose (CMC) is used as a stabilizer in bakery products as it does not adulterate the quality of food. CMC is used to improve the volume, yield and texture of bakery products.
The global frozen bakery market can be segmented on the basis of product type, distribution channel and geography. By product type the market is segmented as frozen cake, frozen pastry, frozen bread, frozen pizza crust and others.On the basis of distribution channel it can be segmented as retail, catering and industrial, artisan bakers, and others. Geographically the market is segmented as North America, Europe,Asia Pacific and Rest of the World.
The major drivers of frozen bakery market are development of retail channels, greater safety and taste consistency among the consumers and convenience provided by frozen bakery products.There is an increasing trend towards continental frozen and specialty bakery products globally. As a result the coffee shop chains selling frozen bakery products has increased in last few years. Factors that acts as barrier for the growth of this market are preference for conventional and freshly baked products and volatility in raw materials prices.
The global frozen bakery market across the globe is expected to grow at a substantial rate with a single digit in CAGR growth over 2013 – 2019. Europe was the largest market segment for frozen bakery products in 2012 followed by North America. These markets are expected to grow due to busy lifestyle of people and increasing demand for processed food.In product type frozen pizza accounted for the largest share followed by frozen breads.
The major key players in global frozen bakery market are Maple Leaf Foods Inc., Deiorios Dough Products, Kellogg Company, Cargill Incorporated, Cole's Quality Foods Inc.,General Mills Inc, and Warburtons Bakery.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.