Fibromyalgia disorder is characterized by musculoskeletal pain along with characteristics of fatigue, sleep disorders, memory and mood issues, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, depression, and anxiety. It is believed that fibromyalgia alters the pain sensations mechanism controlled by the brain. An individual with fibromyalgia also can have symptoms such as tension headaches, migraine, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders. Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be gradually accumulated with the time, or it can be done by some external factors such as physical trauma, infection, psychological stress, and surgery. However, the real cause of fibromyalgia is still unknown. Prevalence of fibromyalgia is more common in women than in men, and it can be nine times higher in women compare to men.
Fibromyalgia Treatment Market: Drivers and Restraints
Fibromyalgia treatment market is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period as the number of trauma cases and surgeries are increasing across the globe. Although there is no cure for fibromyalgia, however, some drugs in fibromyalgia treatment are used to reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia such as narcotic and non-narcotic analgesics, anticonvulsants, antidepressants, and muscle relaxants. As fibromyalgia associated with age, increase in geriatric population across the globe is also a factor to increase in the prevalence of fibromyalgia, which in turn, likely to boost the growth of fibromyalgia treatment market. Fibromyalgia is hard to diagnose as most of the symptoms are associated with other diseases as well, which in turn lower the diagnosis rate of patients having fibromyalgia in turn hampering the growth of fibromyalgia treatment market. Fibromyalgia treatment Combination therapies to treat fibromyalgia has many side effects and can cause severe damage to the patients. Also, other indications such as diabetes, kidney problem, heart disease can lead to severe damage to the patients if these drugs are used in fibromyalgia treatment. These factors are expected to hinder the growth of fibromyalgia treatment market over the forecast period.
Fibromyalgia Treatment Market: Segmentation
Fibromyalgia treatment market is classified on the basis of drug class, distribution channels, and regions
Based on drug class, fibromyalgia treatment market is segmented into the following:
- Duloxetine HCl
- Milnacipran HCl
- Muscle Relaxants
Based on distribution channels, fibromyalgia treatment market is segmented into the following:
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Fibromyalgia Treatment Market: Overview
Fibromyalgia is diagnosed with the chronic pain symptoms at tender points, a person has fibromyalgia if he or she has pain in at least 11 of 18 specific tender point sites. However, fibromyalgia treatment involves the high rate of chances of misdiagnosis if the individual does not meet the criteria of ACR. The introduction of new drugs is expected to boost the growth of fibromyalgia treatment market over the forecast period. Most of the drugs in fibromyalgia treatment are prescribed as off-label as these drugs available for other indications in the market such as including antidepressants, opioids, anti-epileptics and muscle relaxants. According to the European Network of Fibromyalgia Associations (ENFA), around 14 million people are affected in Europe by fibromyalgia and approximately 400 million people globally. Along with drug therapies, fibromyalgia treatment includes aerobic exercise which is also recommended to lower the pain and relieve the stress in fibromyalgia patients.
Fibromyalgia Treatment Market: Region-wise Outlook
The fibromyalgia treatment market covers the market scenario for North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, Latin America and MEA. There are very few players with approved drugs in the fibromyalgia treatment market giving opportunities for emerging players for market entry. U.S. is the biggest market for fibromyalgia treatment. As North America is strong in terms of international company presence and also active research and development investments coupled with an increase in healthcare expenditure, the North America fibromyalgia treatment market contributes maximum revenue share in global fibromyalgia market. With the increasing number of approvals for new drugs in future, fibromyalgia market is expected to grow faster in developed and emerging economies.
Fibromyalgia Treatment Market: Key Market Participants
Some of the participants in fibromyalgia treatment market include Daiichi Sankyo, Eli Lilly, Innovative Med Concepts, Pfizer, Theravance Biopharma, Forest Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Innovative Med Concepts, Meiji Seika Pharma, and Tonix Pharmaceuticals. The fibromyalgia treatment market is competitive in nature as many generic drugs are available and used as off-label. Leading companies in fibromyalgia treatment are focusing on various new drug development and expanding their operation in the new countries for maintaining their foothold in the fibromyalgia treatment market.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.