Toll when collected electronically in an attempt to eliminate the delay on toll roads is called electronic toll collection (ETC). Electronic toll collection debits the accounts of the owners of the registered cars without stopping. ETC alerts the system for the cars that have not been registered. Each car is equipped with a transponder. The transponder’s personalized signal would be picked when the car passes through an intersection. The information is passed on to the central computer and they would be charged accordingly. Types of electronic toll collection are single lane electronic toll collection and multi lane free flow electronic toll collection. Single lane system enables reduction in traffic congestion and increase in traffic throughput. Multi lane system helps achieve maximum throughput on the highway, keeps the traffic flowing and helps reduce the traffic congestion.
Free flow of traffic, reduction in traffic congestion, elimination of the physical interaction with the system are some of the key drivers of the electronic toll collection. Electronic toll system is likely to fail in case of rain, dirt, fog, or moisture on tag. Furthermore, the tags can easily be duplicated. Complexity of the tag circuitry is raising the manufacturing cost which is holding back the growth of ETC market. ETC has brought about opportunities for revenue generation, increased safety, better environment, public transport improvement among others.
North America holds the largest market share of the electronic toll collection. The U.S. and Canada being the key implementers of the ETC. Europe follows North America, where France, Italy, Spain, Portugal are prominent regions wherein ETC is implemented on a large scale. In Asia-Pacific, China, South Korea and Japan are steadily implementing the ETC. Major players in the market include, C-S Communication & Systems, G.E.A, Caseta Technologies, Inc., international road dynamics, Transcore Holdings, Inc , Atlantia SpA, Inc., Q-FREE ASA, SAIC, Inc , International Road Dynamics, Perceptics LLC, Kapsch TrafficCom AG, Sirit, Inc., TRMI Systems Integration, Transtoll, among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments