Electric handheld blood pressure (BP) devices have several advantages over conventional blood pressure measuring devices such as ease of use, quick results, easy to interpret and portability. Because of these advantages, conventional BP devices are greatly being replaced by modern automated BP measuring devices. These portable digital BP devices have enabled patients to monitor their blood pressure at regular interval of time at their home. Digital screens of these devices make reading results easier than reading values on conventional devices. They also do not require stethoscope, trained staff for measuring BP and also give results in matter of seconds. Some of the commercially available electronic handheld BP devices are Connex ProBP 3400 by Welch Allyn, Inc., and DIAGNOSTIX 703 SERIES by American Diagnostic Corp.
The market for electric handheld BP devices is growing worldwide under the impact of increasing incidences of chronic diseases that require routine blood pressure monitoring, consumer awareness and advancements in technology leading to miniaturization of BP devices. WHO suggests that nearly 1 billion people were associated with uncontrolled hypertension worldwide in the year 2008. Easy handling of devices is also one of the major factors propelling consumers to purchase these devices in order to manage their hypertension effectively. Geographically, North America represents the largest market due to large number of elderly population seeking BP monitoring at regular interval of time and high level of awareness among consumers. North America is followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific where the market is witnessing substantial growth in India and China due to continuous improvement in healthcare facilities and high prevalence of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. In Latin America the market is experiencing tremendous growth due to emerging economies of Mexico and Brazil.
Some of the prominent players operating in the market for electronic handheld devices comprise Philips Healthcare, Omron Healthcare Co., Ltd., Welch Allyn, American Diagnostic Corp, Braun GmbH, Medisana AG, Mabis Healthcare, Inc., Microlife, A&D Medical and A & D Medical.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments