Duodenal ulcer, also called as peptic ulcer is a defect in the lining of the small intestine, an area called duodenum. The lining which protects the small intestine is resistant against the acid which is produced in our stomach. If the protecting line fails to protect the intestine or does not work properly against the acid it results in an ulcer. A causative microorganism for duodenal ulcer is helicobacter pylori, a gram-negative, microaerophilic bacteria. Common symptoms for duodenal ulcer includes abdominal pain, pain or discomfort in the upper abdomen, feeling of plumpness, blood in vomiting and chest pain. Risk factor of duodenal ulcer includes drinking too much alcohol, regular use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco. Duodenal ulcer can be diagnosed by esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), X ray of Upper GI and endoscopy. Treatment option utilized for the cure of duodenal ulcer includes antibiotic medication (amoxicillin, tetracycline) and proton pump inhibitor medication (lansoprazoleor esomeprazole).
Cigarette smokers and people with the habit of drinking alcohol is increasing rapidly across the world. Moreover steady diet of fast food eaters is also increasing significantly around the world. These above mentioned (cigarette smokers, fast food eaters, alcohol drinkers) people are at high risk of getting duodenal ulcer and thus accentuates the global duodenal ulcer treatment market. However, lack of awareness about duodenal ulcer might restrict the demand of the global market.
Geographically, North America and Europe dominate the global market for duodenal ulcer treatment due to a strong demand for molecular-based diagnostics and high prevalence rate of duodenal ulcer. Asia-Pacific and RoW hold the third and fourth position in the global market due to lack of awareness among people about duodenal ulcer and less prevalence rate of duodenal ulcer in this regions.
Some of the market players contributing the global market share of duodenal ulcer treatment includes GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Abbott, Merck and Co., Cipla Laboratories, Novartis AG, Bristol Meyer Squibb and Reddys Lab.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments