Disulfurous acid or pyrosulfurous acid is an oxoacid of sulfur with the formula H2S2O5. Its salts are called disulfites or metabisulfites. Disulfurous acid is a phantom acid and does not exist in the free state. Disulfite has two directly connected sulfur atoms. The oxidation state of the sulfur atom bonded to three oxygen atoms is +5, whereas the oxidation number of the other is +3.
Disulfurous acid exhibits a molecular weight of 146.131 g/mol, while its exact mass is 145.934 g/mol. It is prepared via the thermal dehydration of sodium bisulfite or by passing sulfur dioxide over sodium carbonate. Its applications include food preservatives, additives in wines, perfumes, and scents. Disulfurous acid is also commonly used as a reducing agent, besides being employed in easily oxidized pharmaceuticals such as epinephrine hydrochloride and phenylephrine hydrochloride injections, to retard oxidation.
On the basis of geography, the global disulfurous acid market is distributed over North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. The U.S. is expected to propel the disulfurous acid market in North America by accounting for high demand for the product. In Europe, countries such as the U.K., Germany, France, Russia, Spain, Italy, Austria, Netherlands, and Sweden are the leading players. China, South Korea, Japan, India, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore are likely to dominate the disulfurous acid market in Asia Pacific, with China being a major player. Israel, Turkey, the U.A.E., Iran, Egypt, Nigeria, Kenya, and Saudi Arabia are some of the leading countries in the market of Middle East & Africa, whereas Latin America is dominated by Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina.
The global market comprises numerous companies operating at regional as well as global levels. Key players include Toray Industries, Yara International, PPG Industries, Solvay, Lotte Chemical, DSM, SK Innovation, Shin-Etsu Chemical, Huntsman, Syngenta, Borealis, Lanxess, and Asahi Kasei.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.