Disk storageis a broad category of storage mechanisms where data is recorded by various optical, mechanical, magnetic or electronic changes to a surface layer of one or more rotating disks. A disk drive is a device implementing such a storage mechanism. Notable types are, the floppy disk drive (FDD),the hard disk drive (HDD) containing a non-removable diskand its removablefloppy disk, and various optical disc drives and associated optical discmedia.Digital disk drives areblock storage devices. Each disk is divided into logicalblockswhich are collection of sectors. These blocks are addressed using their logical block addresses(LBA). Reading or writing operations happens on granularitybasis on these sectors.
Replacement for Traditional Memory Technologies, Increasing Applications Base and Faster Switching Time, High Endurance and Efficient Power Consumption are some of the driving forces for this market. While Issues with Storage Densities, Capacities and High Cost For Emerging Technologies are some factors hindering the growth of the market. Flexible Electronics and Flash Memory Market Replacementare some of the opportunities in this market.
Disk storage systems market is segmented on the basis of applications, geography and technology used. On the basis of applications the market is segmented into industrial automation, Energy and power Distribution applications, Automotive and transportation applications, consumer electronics, healthcare applications and military applications. On the basis of geography the market is segmented into North America, Europe, APAC and rest of the world (Row).
EMC, NetApp, IBM, HP, Seagate, Micron, SanDisk, HDS, LSI, WD Dell and Hitachi among others are some of the key players of Disk Storage Systems market.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments